What's new

Finds 11-15-2025 Buckle Field Keeps Giving

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the buckle field yesterday. Heavy iron patch in the area that has been a buckle bonanza. Decided to use the M8 coil on the Manticore to get between the iron. Slow going but pulled three more buckles, a penny I can't identify, a great seal button, and another item I haven't identified. Also got stumped on an iron ring that sounded great! Going back today to try some of Gary Blackwell's suggestions using the "Stabilizer" function. He has a video where he uses the stabilizer at 12 to remove iron falsing. I usually run recovery at 4 all the time. I'll try bumping that up to 6 or 8 today and see how that works. I don't need to worry about depth as most of our finds there have been in the 3-5 inch range.

Military button. Back mark: "R. Lieberman Mfg. Co., Newark NJ" WWI?

P1002464_WM.webp
P1002466_WM.webp


The penny looked like a wheat but once cleaned it's too corroded to identify for sure.

P1002468_WM.webp
P1002469_WM.webp


Forgot to mention up top, there's a grommet and rivet with leather too. Look at that iron ring, it's no wonder it gave me such a great signal. Not sure what the item is in the upper left (red disc on the lever). Sounded great though, was sure it was a coin.

P1002470_WM.webp


Gotta love that M8 coil. I've been over this patch before with the M11 and M9, but that M8 moving slow pulls the non-ferrous through. First time I had the M8 out in about a year.

Thanks for looking...
 
Upvote 10
Hit the buckle field yesterday. Heavy iron patch in the area that has been a buckle bonanza. Decided to use the M8 coil on the Manticore to get between the iron. Slow going but pulled three more buckles, a penny I can't identify, a great seal button, and another item I haven't identified. Also got stumped on an iron ring that sounded great! Going back today to try some of Gary Blackwell's suggestions using the "Stabilizer" function. He has a video where he uses the stabilizer at 12 to remove iron falsing. I usually run recovery at 4 all the time. I'll try bumping that up to 6 or 8 today and see how that works. I don't need to worry about depth as most of our finds there have been in the 3-5 inch range.

Military button. Back mark: "R. Lieberman Mfg. Co., Newark NJ" WWI?

View attachment 2233676View attachment 2233677

The penny looked like a wheat but once cleaned it's too corroded to identify for sure.

View attachment 2233678View attachment 2233679

Forgot to mention up top, there's a grommet and rivet with leather too. Look at that iron ring, it's no wonder it gave me such a great signal. Not sure what the item is in the upper left (red disc on the lever). Sounded great though, was sure it was a coin.

View attachment 2233680

Gotta love that M8 coil. I've been over this patch before with the M11 and M9, but that M8 moving slow pulls the non-ferrous through. First time I had the M8 out in about a year.

Thanks for looking...
The item with the red disc looks like a small latch mechanism; possibly to hold the back of an old camera closed.
Nice buckles. 👍🏼
 
Congrats on the cool finds !

Hunting in heavy Iron takes a lot of patience and practice - but it often pays off.
I really like hunting heavy Iron sites because often, others that hunted the area in the past got discouraged and walked away.
Found (2) Flying Eagle Cents and (17) Indian Cents at a old Church site last Summer.
All these finds were where the building stood - a non stop - "machine gun fire" iron hit environment.
Never found one good target out on clean ground in the surrounding area.
 
Hit the buckle field yesterday. Heavy iron patch in the area that has been a buckle bonanza. Decided to use the M8 coil on the Manticore to get between the iron. Slow going but pulled three more buckles, a penny I can't identify, a great seal button, and another item I haven't identified. Also got stumped on an iron ring that sounded great! Going back today to try some of Gary Blackwell's suggestions using the "Stabilizer" function. He has a video where he uses the stabilizer at 12 to remove iron falsing. I usually run recovery at 4 all the time. I'll try bumping that up to 6 or 8 today and see how that works. I don't need to worry about depth as most of our finds there have been in the 3-5 inch range.

Military button. Back mark: "R. Lieberman Mfg. Co., Newark NJ" WWI?

View attachment 2233676View attachment 2233677

The penny looked like a wheat but once cleaned it's too corroded to identify for sure.

View attachment 2233678View attachment 2233679

Forgot to mention up top, there's a grommet and rivet with leather too. Look at that iron ring, it's no wonder it gave me such a great signal. Not sure what the item is in the upper left (red disc on the lever). Sounded great though, was sure it was a coin.

View attachment 2233680

Gotta love that M8 coil. I've been over this patch before with the M11 and M9, but that M8 moving slow pulls the non-ferrous through. First time I had the M8 out in about a year.

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom