What's new

Maybe a Civil War era ration can? THANKS CRESKOL!

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a Civil War camp. Any ideas? :help: please....
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 151.webp
    what are they relics 151.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 840
  • what are they relics 152.webp
    what are they relics 152.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 719
  • what are they relics 153.webp
    what are they relics 153.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,164
Re: Maybe a Civil War era ration can?

Does appear to be solder seam which dates to the 1850's,and was for food of some sort most likely :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Maybe a Civil War era ration can?

Hey Mike .. I believe you have the top portions to two ration cans. I imagine that they sort of looked like the one I reconstructed. Compare the top of mine to yours.
 

Attachments

  • rationcan.webp
    rationcan.webp
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,120
Upvote 0
Re: Maybe a Civil War era ration can?

Looks like thats it.... Thanks Rob!
 
Upvote 0
I think it was a cracker box. They kept well in that era as opposed to bread. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: Maybe a Civil War era ration can?

creskol said:
Hey Mike .. I believe you have the top portions to two ration cans. I imagine that they sort of looked like the one I reconstructed. Compare the top of mine to yours.
I might be missing a couple parts, but can you make mine look like that Rob? :laughing9:It would take alot of your dust.....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom