I wonder if the removal of all the buildings shown in the '51 view also removed any remaining relics from '38. Or if the build up of the area in '51 (hehh hehh - area 51) resulted in a layer of concrete or gravel which may be below the ground still?
About a month ago we hunted a site that probably had a similar scenario - not knowing where this actually is, it wouldn't surprise me if it is the same site. We kept finding stamped metal pieces everywhere throughout the woods - from a time when they had no interest in recycling and couldn't be bothered with scrap metals. A huge electromagnet would have worked wonders on that site.
This looks like a site where it would be a different assortment of goodies.
No telling what may turn up. I'm up for it.
Anyone have a geiger counter?
Good luck. I hit that field last year, lots of clad but TONS of iron, lots of buried foundations and rebar and all sorts of garbage. It was a CCC camp. There are surrounding areas that are really good. REALLY good...but in my one hunt in that field, I wrote it off altogether. Hope you guys do a lot better than I did.