Older The Better Silver Member Joined Apr 24, 2017 Messages 3,833 Reaction score 8,098 Golden Thread 0 Location south east kansas Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 17, 2020 Thread Owner #1 Found in a school yard, school was built 1877 and closed 1950ish, I know the pictures aren’t super but I’m hoping there’s enough there to get a date, or manufacturer, trying to help out the owner who wants to restore it and have a semi-museum.
Found in a school yard, school was built 1877 and closed 1950ish, I know the pictures aren’t super but I’m hoping there’s enough there to get a date, or manufacturer, trying to help out the owner who wants to restore it and have a semi-museum.
wheelerite Full Member Joined Feb 2, 2008 Messages 229 Reaction score 51 Golden Thread 0 Location canby,oregon Detector(s) used bounty hunter Sep 17, 2020 #2 German, onionskin. Stick it in water and you can see it better.
Older The Better Silver Member Joined Apr 24, 2017 Messages 3,833 Reaction score 8,098 Golden Thread 0 Location south east kansas Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 20, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Unfortunately I don’t have it, it stayed at the school thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Unfortunately I don’t have it, it stayed at the school thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
cheese Silver Member Joined Jan 9, 2005 Messages 3,337 Reaction score 1,105 Golden Thread 0 Location South Georgia Sep 23, 2020 #4 Yep, old German handmade from the late 1800s. Looks like a ribbon core.
Older The Better Silver Member Joined Apr 24, 2017 Messages 3,833 Reaction score 8,098 Golden Thread 0 Location south east kansas Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 29, 2020 Thread Owner #5 Thanks for the general age, fits right with the age of the schoolhouse.