What's new

Maybe an old lighter?

Sundancer

Full Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
194
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo
I found this today on the site of an old 1920's farmhouse. It's made of copper and had been painted a barn-red color. It looks like it may have been a lighter.. any ideas?

~Mike
 

Attachments

  • Whatizzit.webp
    Whatizzit.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 373
Any markings on the bottom?
 
Upvote 0
I think it could be cheyenne. Maybe a different manufacturer. :-\ Can we see some more pics?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think it could be cheyenne. Maybe a different manufacturer. :-\ Can we see some more pics?

Yes I do think that it is a different manufacturer than the one I posted. The one I posted was a Bowers, which I had just happened to do some research on for a fellow that brought one into the store to have me ID and value it for him. He found it at Ft Chaffee. All the bowers I looked at were marked and had a slightly different shape.
 
Upvote 0
I was limited on time and I did not recover the bottom. I will go back tomorrow if these storms pass and see if I can find it. The insides are stuffed with white cotton-like stuff. That made me think 'lighter', then looking at it, I can see how it may have been. I have one of those 'trench lighters' and this thing is much larger.

~Mike
 
Upvote 0
Probably won't be much help without the bottom..but here are a few more pics.

~Mike
 

Attachments

  • L3.webp
    L3.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Ah... The Electric Prunes...Mass in F Minor. But what does that have to do with this lighter?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom