What's new

MD Phone App

adamBomb

Hero Member
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
650
Reaction score
553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are there any apps worth having? And if so why?

I just saw an ad for one and wanted more info. I assume you can GPS yourself and track finds. Do they do anything else?
 
Seriously GPS (other than military) can be off as much as 30 Feet to 30 meters. I think you would do better with a 7.5 minute USGS map and a good compass. Take headings to "good" land marks and then mark your map. Remember the magnetic difference, at the top of the map. Then you can go back to it with no problem. You can also put markers Plastic strips away from it counting the paces from it to your spot and the degrees to it from the compass. The map can also show you roads that you didn't know about to get you closer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom