MDer to the rescue!!!!!

bigjer

Mar 28, 2005
Just a good story that is good for all MDer's.

My son-in-Law just returned from Rehoboth Beach and had agreat story to relay to me. I let him take my extra detector...Ace250..to the beach vacation this past week. While he was swimming, he heard a woman crying and screaming that she lost her 2 carat diamond ring and wedding band!!! Off to the rescue!!!!

He grabbed the Garrett Ace250 and went to her spot on the beach where several people in her group were fgrantically throwing sand everywhere and getting desparate. In 15 seconds, my Son-in-Law found BOTH rings and now has a sore back from the owner jumping aroundf his neck and crying in thanks.

Always does good to hear things like this...huh?

Upvote 0

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story, Tell him We said congrats and thanks for the good deed.
HH Chicago Ron

Wayne from Maine

Mar 22, 2005
Portland Maine
It's always good to hear stories with good a ending. I few years ago I woman came up to me and said she had lost her mother's ring while swimming. She knew the area she was in and described what it looked like so I said I would look. I looked for three hours, I got a pocket full of coins but no ring. I talked with her some more and she assured me I was looking in the right area. I guess she must have got tired of watching me search as I looked up and she was gone. I hunted for another hours or so and as I worked myself back to the car I got a signal just as I was leaving the beach, and about 150 yards from where she had me searching, it was the ring she had lost. Unfortunately she had left and I did not have a clue who she was or where she lived. I still have the ring just in case, but it shows how difficult it is to find something, even just lost. I can only assume she had lost it on the way to or from her car.

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Wayne: Your story is a classic example of why things are lost and stay lost. She assumed she lost the ring in the spot she had you hunting when in reality that is probably where she was when she realized it was gone. Is the ring gold or silver? Any stones? Would really like to see a pic if you could put one up. HH.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deeds like that give all of us a good image.
Tell your brother-in-law thanks!

Wayne from Maine

Mar 22, 2005
Portland Maine
nedigger said:
Wayne: Your story is a classic example of why things are lost and stay lost. She assumed she lost the ring in the spot she had you hunting when in reality that is probably where she was when she realized it was gone. Is the ring gold or silver? Any stones? Would really like to see a pic if you could put one up. HH.

10k gold

Attachments

• mothersring.jpg
    mothersring.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 174

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread