What's new

Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Julio being my trusty ATPro... I hit a neighborhood school that was obviously a "Voy-gin...nyuck, nyuck..." as I was pulling targets out with every other swing.:laughing7: Also came home with $9.00 in clad, including another dollar coin.

I concentrated on the playing field with a paved walking track that surrounds the edges, and found these goodies for your viewing pleasure...

From the "Sweet Sound of Silver" department, a large braided sterling ring, barely visible .925 inside, weighing in at 6.5 grams. 94 VDI at three inches.
bigbraid1.webpbigbraid2.webp

And...

A conjoined three band sterling ring found at home plate of the softball diamond, marked ".925 TMA Thailand" 84 VDI at 2 inches.
bigbraid3.webpbigbraid4.webp

From the "What the &$%@# is this doing on a schoolground" department...

A nice folder with ARMY markings. A surface find in the tot lot. I find my best knives at schools! :icon_scratch: Mrs. Sub has claimed this for her firefighting kit...ugh...
bigbraid5.webp

From the "Kiddy Bling and Other Things" department...

A bling pendant, Rat Regurgitation Palace (Chuck E. Cheese) token, a broken broach, and a large, plated, fish-themed bling ring.
bigbraid6.webp

From the "Transportation" department...

A die cast racing plane and a Tootsietoy roadster.
bigbraid8.webp

And from the "There are still relics in the schoolyard" department...

A "Deere" make up compact lid with Art Deco design, and a twist lock (?) type of brass grommet for horse tack...maybe...
bigbraid7.webp

As always, thanks for looking. Happy and productive hunting to all of our friends out there on TNet! Sub 8-)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Congrats on a sweet hunt, you got a little bit of everything. I definitely think the Tootsie toy takes the cake. Congrats
 
Dang Sub, that place gets reloaded big time. You sure do have some great sites to hunt. I'g keep that knife in a vehicle, it has a blade for cutting the seat belt and can be used as a hammer to break the window. Congrats on the silver rings and all the other neat digs. Who doesn't like to dig a tootsie toy, I smile every time I pull one.
 
Cool jewelry finds and that knife is awesome. Congrats!
 
You make it look so easy. Lol I hit the school yards and I dig clad all day.
Love that braided ring!!
 
nice puzzle silver ring, the braid is mega neat
 
Great finds, only problem is that every time I see the title of your post...

I get this song stuck back in my head all day-

 
Dang Sub, that place gets reloaded big time. You sure do have some great sites to hunt. I'g keep that knife in a vehicle, it has a blade for cutting the seat belt and can be used as a hammer to break the window. Congrats on the silver rings and all the other neat digs. Who doesn't like to dig a tootsie toy, I smile every time I pull one.

Thanks Loco, Yes Mrs. Sub has this knife in her firefighting turnout gear for use on MVA's. This Tootsie toy appears a little older than the last one I found, based on the color of paint used. I always enjoy digging old toys. BTW, your Sailor is a Manoil and your Indian is a Barclay from that recent hunt of yours! Happy hunting to you, Sub 8-)
 
Great finds, only problem is that every time I see the title of your post...

I get this song stuck back in my head all day-



Thanks G.I.B., I am nothing if not annoyingly entertaining and passive/aggressively enlightening!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom