What's new

Me and my NICKELS **UPDATE**

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I did 3 boxes first thing this morning, dumped then by noon, went to another source bank that is now ordering bags... Also I hope it pans out but the vault manager assured me that she could get me unlimited supply of bags of large dollars. We will see :icon_sunny: She asked their ordering company twice and they said they had huge amounts of large dollars... She ordered me two bags for Friday, before she even asked me if I wanted them, SHE KNEW!!! LOL!
Anyways the 3 boxes this morning produced 5 Silver "WAR" nickels. The bag I just skimmed through it and found 2 Silver "WAR" nickels so far.
Also traded 8 silver war nickels and a 1964 Half dollar today for a 1939D nickel to complete my set today. 8 silver nickels found at face value for a $10 nickel I thought was a good deal :icon_pirat: 8 x $0.05 = $0.40 + $0.50 = $0.90.

I included a picture for you kiddies to check out. I know alot of you guys like pictures.
 

Attachments

  • nickels.webp
    nickels.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0
I have yet to find a 1973 and you find a whole bag?

Also the 1976 ones have two varieties, and the 1976 Philadelphia Variety 1 are considerably more rare as only 4 million were minted, easily the lowest mintage of any of the Ikes intended for circulation.
 
LJ said:
Are you saying you can get a bag of 1000 solid date 1973 Ike's? If so, that is just amazing. I would definitely purchase that bag without hesitation. Keep us posted on this. Good luck.


Heck yea, buy all that you can!!!!
 
Jason my man, can we do a deal? I would definitely like to obtain one each 1973 & 1973-D Ike. PM me if you're interested. Go get that bag!! ;D
 
Put me down for a 73 and 73-d. I've searched a few hundred Ikes. Found proofs and silver but these two dates are scarce.

Maine_Jim
 
Sorry about not knowing the IKE's ??? I will be getting the bags on Monday. I was not aware of the raraties of the Ike's, like the 1973. I have only found about $30 worth in my short CRHing career. I thought they were just common coins that were not found everyday like 1972 - 2000 Kennedy halves. According to the bank manager she said they can get many, many bags of large daollars for me. I didn't want to tie up $2,000 on common Ike's thats why i didnt get them on friday.
I will let everyone know when i get them on Monday and I will figure out how to get them out to everyone that wants them.

Thank,
Jason
 
Nice take. You got me thinking nickels again. I think I will pick up a box so I will have something to look forward to after work. I still need a war nickel for my CRH type set. By the way have any of you out there put together a type set exclusively from your CHR ? I am trying to do one set for CHR and a separate one for Metal Detecting. Mercury 63
 
HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the bag of IKE's today... The teller was shocked to see me back to pick them up. She informed me that one of the tellers bought a bag of them. But to my suprise they bought the 1976 bag. So I have a $1,000 sealed bag of 1973 CIRCULATED IKE"s. If they are not made to circulate that seems like an awful lot to have at one place? I talked to my coin dealer in town and told him I acquired $1,000 worth of 1973 Ike's, and now he wants to make me an offer on the group. I told him I wanted some for myself(i want to offer some to my CRHing buddies ;D). Not sure what the offer is He told me to call him back this afternoon. I haven't opened the bag yet but it looks like all Mint Mark less Ike's (P's). I will figure everything out this afternoon on what is going on with this bag.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
What a great way to spend an afternoon! Have fun going thru them, Jason.

Hope you can at least double or triple your money with that dealer. Good luck!
 
Jason,

Can you post a picture of the bag? Is it clear like the nickel bag or is it canvas?

Thanks,
65GT350
 
Congrats Jason on a super score of Ikes ...lol a whole bag of '73s is awesome . I have a hard job to find any let alone ones were NIFCs .. kudos , Ed
 
65gt350 said:
Jason,

Can you post a picture of the bag? Is it clear like the nickel bag or is it canvas?

Thanks,
65GT350

I sure can I always post pics. I just have to wait for my daughter to come home from school with my camera, class was having a pajama party :icon_scratch: It is a clear bag just like the nickels, all of my bags come from the same source.

About 5:00 Eastern time I wil have it posted.

Thanks,
Jason
 
Hey Shake-n-Bake! That could possibly be one of your biggest CRH finds you'll ever make...why isn't it even listed under your finds totals? 'Bag of 1000 1973 Ikes' has a nice ring to it.
 
Very nice score! I happened to be in a coin shop yesterday, and noticed that 1973 IKE's are many times the price of other dates. Nice haul!
 
Hello everyone,
The dealer offered me $3 each on the 1973 Ike's, he really wanted the sealed bag(i think he thought i was going to pull out BU"S) but i told him I wanted atleast 50 of them, i told him Just to grab them off the top for me so he did.. So I ended up selling $950 face worth of Ike's for $2,850. :icon_sunny: I think I did pretty good. I have two more bags of large dollars coming in on Friday. ;D I hope to get some more good dates I will buy whatever they get in this time. Is there anything else with Ike's that are good ones. I thought all Ike's were junk except 1976S silvers. I guess I was wrong as I passed on this bag to begin with :-\ I will what I can do about getting some of these to you guys that wanted some. They are all P's, no mint marks. I will start PMing people who were interested in the next day or so.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Jason,

With your luck you'll get a full bag of Type II 1972 Ikes next. Good job with the flip. How do the coins look. Can you post a closeup.

There are a bunch of varieties too. One of the easiest to find are peg legs. Just look at the R in LIBERTY. The bottom serif is not there.

65GT350
 
Way to go on the Ikes! Sounds like you made out well for a couple hours work.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom