Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever dealt with MECO or Norman Haynes or Jerry Bradford? Far as I can tell, Haynes has been looking for gold in the Philippines for maybe 20 years now, living off money from "investors." With a promise of massive returns, of course. I've been reading/watching their ~monthly reports for 3 or 4 years now, and it's a broken record: "It looks like we're just weeks away from a major discovery! And by the way we need more money."

It looks like they go from one delusion to the next. Dowsing, LRLs, all kinds of markers, and lately, Gen-U-Wine Japanese treasure maps. In the Philippines, you can get those maps in boxes of cereal. But one thing they've mentioned is the use of satellite surveys that supposedly show buried gold. From an outfit out of Colorado. Anyone familiar with this? Sounds a lot like a scam, but I'm willing to suspend that thought and see what they got. I've tried emailing the MECO folks but they don't reply.

sea.thunter7

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone ever dealt with MECO or Norman Haynes or Jerry Bradford? Far as I can tell, Haynes has been looking for gold in the Philippines for maybe 20 years now, living off money from "investors." With a promise of massive returns, of course. I've been reading/watching their ~monthly reports for 3 or 4 years now, and it's a broken record: "It looks like we're just weeks away from a major discovery! And by the way we need more money."

It looks like they go from one delusion to the next. Dowsing, LRLs, all kinds of markers, and lately, Gen-U-Wine Japanese treasure maps. In the Philippines, you can get those maps in boxes of cereal. But one thing they've mentioned is the use of satellite surveys that supposedly show buried gold. From an outfit out of Colorado. Anyone familiar with this? Sounds a lot like a scam, but I'm willing to suspend that thought and see what they got. I've tried emailing the MECO folks but they don't reply.

The technology exists for sure within secret government circles because the Japanese use it here to locate large deposits for their "development projects". Whether or not those guys in Colorado have access to it is another question. I remember seeing some guys on The Curse of Oak Island that claimed to have used the technology to locate many buried objects there. According to them, there was buried treasure of all kinds scattered all over the island. They called it "nuclear resonance imaging" if my memory is correct. The team actually invited the guys to go there and provide the location of buried treasure. They brought with them an earth resistivity meter made by DRS to the specific locations to confirm the targets. The guy had trouble even picking up a specific underground void he had supposedly located by satellite, on a island probably full of voids. It never amounted to anything. They were told to go home.

EDIT:

I found the scene I was talking about:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What they presented in that video is 100% pure bullsnort. MRI doesn't work that way. And the talk of "resonant frequencies" is reminiscent of LRL pseudoscience. So far so bad... my initial assumption is looking accurate.

Did the show identify who those guys are, or what company they represent?

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, found the episode. They were Robert & Bob Leonard, described as "father & son treasure hunters" from Texas. After presenting a bunch if make-believe satellite imagery, they proceeded to demonstrate exactly how not to use resistivity in an effort to confirm their satellite nonsense.

First time I've ever actually watched any of that show, no wonder it gets so much ridicule. Every aspect of it is a joke.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell Carl.I tend to agree with you, but don't play dowsing short. 99 % ae self delusioned, but you cannot laugh at all of them. As a test I had a group of them dose Tayopa two were dead on.

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Real, haven't seen dowsing bring home the goods yet. Tremendous rates of failure, tho.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carl, I would estimate 99 \minera
5 of dwsers are self disalusioned, but there remains a mall core that cannot be explaimed away so easily. I had dorsers dowse a map of Tayopa II I for a deposit. two were spot on. I purposely used an extra large map.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread