Medical proffesionals please step inside....

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Just got off the phone. It's .4 and not .04 alcohol level. AND she's been doing this for forever. I know at this point, anyone would say that it's expected that she would be dead about now. But this mean ol' women doesn't need to go just yet. She is loved by so many people.

Tonight, she made an attempt to verbalize the words "I want some coffee". The doc came in and said that if she can say the word 'cake', she is using all her brain (Something about brain usage with that word or something).

I told my GF that I think it's going to be a long slow process, but in 4 weeks from today, your mean ol' mom will be walking around kicking ass again like she used to do.

//if you met her mom, you'd fall in love too. She's simply a wonderful women.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its nerve racking - and sad - but, I think the alcohol issue is making the comeback slower. Wow, .4, that is 5 times the legal limit for drinking and driving.

I do believe that, since she probably has other physical issues because of alcohol (if she has been doing this right along), she will come around with-in the next few weeks, especially since it sounds like she is making progress.

I'm sorry for your troubles. You might want to think about intervention of some sort and some rehab.

B

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with a .4 alcohol level -- she just did not "just" fall --her body mostly likely just "shut down" not being able to keep functioning with that much alcohol in it and she blacked out and went down hurting her head , having this level of alcohol content in the body can be fatal -- at the .4 level ---alcohol poisoning can occur killing you , peroid.

if she is a long term drinker and they had to detox her body -- a "induced coma" is a very good ideal to keep her from suffering the DT'S as they do so , serious DT'S as they detox a heavy long term drinker / drug user --- can cause heart attacks, stroke and other issues -- watching a long term alcohol or drug user person detox is a ugly sight indeed, and is often a slow and rather painful process, ---I wish you and the family the best of luck and a merry christmas.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
ivan salis said:
with a .4 alcohol level -- she just did not "just" fall --her body mostly likely just "shut down" not being able to keep functioning with that much alcohol in it and she blacked out and went down hurting her head , having this level of alcohol content in the body can be fatal -- at the .4 level ---alcohol poisoning can occur killing you , peroid.

if she is a long term drinker and they had to detox her body -- a "induced coma" is a very good ideal to keep her from suffering the DT'S as they do so , serious DT'S as they detox a heavy long term drinker / drug user --- can cause heart attacks, stroke and other issues -- watching a long term alcohol or drug user person detox is a ugly sight indeed, and is often a slow and rather painful process, ---I wish you and the family the best of luck and a merry christmas.

Thank you.. I'll give every one an update very soon. But, she's sitting up now. 'we'll see'.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So she was moved to a different floor (out of intesive care). She's now talking with some difficulty.

But, that's the non-crazy part. last night, My GF called me and told me that her niece (the grand daughter) pushed her. They had a different of opinion and they were yelling, so an 18 year old pushed a 47 year old. Pissed my off something royal but they're not my family. Instead, I told her to say to her other niece "Hey, lets go get some pizza" right in from of the problem teen.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
fighting amoung themselves in times of stress is quite common * in dysfuncutional family groups , since the senior member / provider / queen bee type has had a bad medical issue --- jockeying for "position" will occur --who will be the new "leader" of the pack ?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are almost right - I think fighting when under stress is normal for even functional families. As will times when teenagers are trying to find their own place in the world (teens can be quite the pain).

That's one of the reasons it is so difficult when the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child - when parents get elderly and/or
disabled, in one way or another.

Not everybody gets physical, but, sometimes it happens.

The very fact that teens at these ages are in a personal upheaval, is what the Armed Services of our country depend upon for enlistments. They are graduating from school, and start really thinking about what comes next in their life.

B

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Quick update.
The troubled teen is still troubled, and everyone else in the family is now picking up on it too. As far as Mom... Shes been moved to rehab. She'll be there for two weeks before she's 'made' to leave (home). She's still being fed with a feeding tube because she can't eat on her own (too weak to pick up the fork), and can't remember anything at all. She's often very confused.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Update:
She is being let go from the hospital tomorrow. She can use her hands to eat and pick up the telephone, but, she cant' walk. I told my GF that it's of the utmost importance that she try to get her mom at least try standing up on a walker. She doesn't half to walk, just stand up using her forearm muscles in the walker. My GF keeps telling me that she'll never walk again, but I tell her that it's not true. She needs to get her mom at least standing up on a walker, and steps will follow. Friday will tell.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Update:
She is now at home. And at first the verdict was negative, but as of yesterday, she was able to go from her bedroom, to the kitchen on a walker. She did this once. Lets hope she continues to do this. and she will once again kick a$$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread