Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Meet the world's heaviest insect

Meet the world's heaviest insect

A nature-lover has revealed how he spent two days tracking down a giant insect on a remote New Zealand island – and got it to eat a carrot out of his hand.
Mark Moffett’s find is the world's biggest insect in terms of weight, which at 71g is heavier than a sparrow and three times that of a mouse.
The 53-year-old former park ranger discovered the giant weta up a tree and his real life Bug's Bunny has now been declared the largest ever found.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Attachments

• db4ed7d436.jpg
    db4ed7d436.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 376
  • vf4ed7d45c.jpg
    vf4ed7d45c.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 377

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Meet the world's heaviest insect

I wonder how that bad boy would taste dipped in some rich creamy milk chocolate :tongue3:

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

texastee2007 said:
Great Cat Fish bait.
That would be the bait to use to catch the "Great Catfish."
I had to see this insect. Isn't a termite an insect? I heard somewhere years ago of a species of termite where the queen lives for many years and can weigh several pounds. Of course her legs are useless and she has an entourage of fulltime attendants to feed her and another crew to carry away her waste and another crew to carry away her eggs. I think there is also a team of males. Rather nasty and I don't remember where I heard this all those years ago, but I think I was on public television

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Deep fried and dipped in ranch dressing and a couple of six packs thats what I think would work :occasion14:

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

Isn't that one of those "Cornish Game Crickets"? and it tastes like chicken too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread