Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all just talked to Mel he is having his wrist operation Wed. afternoon so the carpal will be taken care of, his Dr. is just doin it at the Hosp. instead of clinic for ---- just in case ---- it will be ok but just in case of any heart problems they will be at the hospital! Then they will see about the results from the MRI.

He will call Wed night to let us know how the surgery went, so prayers for any surgeries!

Will be praying. Tell him to get well soon.

Pepper

Hey Mel get your detector attached to you arm while your at it. That way you will all ways have it HANDY. :tongue3: Hope you get well soon. Will be thinking about you.
Burdie

Ok.....am going to give this a try......Surgery went ok, they found that the right hand nerves were definitely "crushed" together. Am typing with left hand...so am very slow and make mistakes. I asked doctor when I could get back to metal detecting...............she just gave me that glare.............you all know "that glare"...LIKE the one you get when you ask your wife to get up and get you another beer and not to forget to bring the potato chips....LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

Am on Vicodin...which is beginning to wear off. Will try to update tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot.....Gayle is doing better.....still having leg muscle weakness, but is going to physical therapy. She can get up/down better...but getting out of low chairs, no way...........She did pretty good at the hospital with me today. Our daughter was there to help Gayle while I was being operated on.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.
Mel

borninok

Thanks for the update wanted to call but, was afraid I might wake you! Thanks for letting us know how great things went and talk to you tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~Love and Hugs Evy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for letting us know! :thumbsup:
Tig keps telling me to "have a little Faith"! He's sooooooooooooo right.
You'll do great!!
Be sure you get lots of pics when you start swinging again!

You know we all love ya and are pulling for you guys!
Take it slow, so the rest of us can keep up with you!!!! :tongue3: :tongue3:

Hugs, Maggie

Happy to hear all went ok Mel...You will be right as rain before long....that surgery will make all the difference in the world once you are healed. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and Gayle.

So glad to hear everything went well! Glad you are back with us....even if only one handed!! We missed you! Make sure you do everything you are supposed to in order to heal up good!! ~hugsnprayers~

Mel

You forgot to ask the most IMPORTANT question..... when can you go back to holding your glass of stumpwater??? ;D

Glad all is well.

Mel, glad to hear you're up & about and everything is doing fine. Prayers still for you & Gayle.

:wink: RR

Evy, I am hoping so. However, today the pain was much worse. I know...I'm a whimp, but pain is pain....owy, owy, owy.....

Got the news back today on the MRI on my right knee problem....I have some kind of a cyst. Have to see the orthopedic surgeon around the last part of May for that. Man, it sure is bad getting old!

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Hey, ME, because of the Vicodin, they won't let me have my Scotch! Isn't there something in the Constitution about being denied certain rights?????? LOL
--Mel

borninok

lol I can't even imagine what all you would have to say on Vicodin AND scotch....better stick to one or the other! :thumbsup: Glad to see you are well enough to get on here and visit a bit. Don't push that pain too doggone far...we want ya back at 100% as soon as possible! Take care of yourself dagnabbit! ~hugsnprayers~

Well, Folks, went to the orthopedic surgeon today, and she took out all of the stitches except one..............right in the middle of the incision. She said it didn't "seal" correctly. Excuse me? Guess I didn't drink enuf scotch the night before....LOL So....have to go back next Tuesday to have that suture removed. In the meantime, I had to go buy a "squishy ball" to squeeze in order to build up the damaged nerves. I told my doctor that she could give me a couple of bucks to go down to the local girly club, and I wouldn't need to buy a "squishy ball".......................apparently she doesn't have a sense of humor because she just sighed and told my wife that she felt sorry for her. LOL :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Because other TNET members have had this surgery done, I have received some great advice on how to get back into MDng shape. One of them I really liked........see how many glasses of scotch you can lift to your mouth w/o spilling a drop.....and then run naked through the neighborhood. Now what that has to do with getting back into MDng shape...........hmmm...not sure. LOL :o :o :o :o :o :o :o But, hey.....I'm all for trying "alternative medicines"......LOL

On a side note...........Gayle has steadfastly been making a tad of progress each day. She has been undergoing physical therapy, and I just bought some leg weights in hopes that it'll help her more. I think she knows how much I want to go to CTH2 this year because she said something about "gas". Not sure what that has to do with MDng...but.... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Again...thanks for the love, the understanding, the prayers, and the thoughts..................you all know how I feel about you and this TNET forum................you all are number ONE in my book.

HH,
Mel

borninok

Well it sure is good to have you back more now! I missed ya the few days you were not here so much! You take real good care of yourself and heal up good so you can be at CTH!! Glad to hear that Gayle is improving as well! We love you guys!

You know our prayers are with you all and we wish you were with us at LBH, but by CTHII you should be fine, and you know she means $$ for gas wheeeeez it bad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back