Memorial (Cent) Day Finds

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Today I had to take care of some unexpected business for the better part of the day, so I didn't end up going "yard shopping" like I had planned. Instead I went to a NW Portland spot that I had hunted before and found goodies.

I didn't end up with quite the clad that I found yesterday, mostly due to only looking for those deep signals. I was trying to avoid the clad, but it is of course inevitable that you will dig some.

For my efforts I found one and 3/4 wheat cents, a 1920-S, and what *looks* like a 1914-D, but it is too corroded to tell for sure. :-\

Oh yeah, and a nice sparkly merc! ;D I just love those babies. 8)

Attachments

• 0529.jpg
    0529.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 0529b.jpg
    0529b.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
wow, it looks like we hunt the same spot, some of those zinc pennies look like what i've been finding, or whats left of them anyway,, way to go on the merc. those are always sweet to get ;D ;D ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a godd day...HH

-GC

S

southbound

Glad to hear someone could get out and have some fun. It has been raining here for over a week now.
Congrats on the silver
Vern

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks Vern!

Boy do I know all about that rain. I live in one of the rainiest parts of the USA that there is. It seems like it rains nearly every day from November to April, then it tries to rain the rest of the year too. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread