What's new

MEMORIAL DAY BRINGS (3) PLATES...

  • Thread starter Thread starter lovedigging
  • Start date Start date
L

lovedigging

Guest
I'm still in shock! But yes, I did say 3 plates! The weather was extremely hot here in Virginia today, 96 and humid. The 4 muskateers had decided to get out and knock on some doors to get permission from land owners to hunt today. What were we thinking? We should've been lying by the pool :icon_scratch: After striking out at a few places, Hutch911 decided we should hit up a place he had gotton permission at before. By the time we did this it was around noon and seemed even hotter. Amy reconfirmed permission for us to dig, and as she was walking away the woman told her "it's already been hunted to death". (I love when people say that! And so does my TDI). I decided to stay close to the road, figuring it hadn't been hit as hard as the rest of the field. Boy did that pay off! We were there maybe 1/2 hour when I dug an eagle button, stood up and hit another signal, which turned out to be the breast plate. After digging that, I stood up to sweep the area again and hit ANOTHER signal about 4' away. This turned out to be the first US boxplate. Another sweep revealed first the "Eagle I" button, then the "C" button. All of this was within a 10' circle. I was in total shock and didn't know whether to swing my machine or do backflips. I settled on swinging the TDI around a few more times and then I hit the signal that I knew had to be another plate... Amy wanted to watch me dig it and when it popped out of the ground.... let's just say she was almost as happy as if she'd dug it and was very excited to be holding it for the first time in 145 years. It was a great day hunting with friends, and one I'm sure I'll never forget or be able to top. Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!
 

Attachments

  • three plates.webp
    three plates.webp
    31 KB · Views: 3,493
  • memorial day buckles.webp
    memorial day buckles.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,464
  • buckle backs.webp
    buckle backs.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,433
  • memorial day buttons.webp
    memorial day buttons.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 3,430
  • memorial day.webp
    memorial day.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 3,439
Upvote 0
Everyone has said everything already, Looks like you had a fine day.
 
May be tuff gettin' to sleep for a coupla nights! Nice! ;D
 
Banner!!!

Wow, days like that don't come around too often...if ever for most people!! Great job!!

Enjoy it!!

Keep Digging!!
Sneaky6
 
DUDE YOU ROCK! :headbang: If I found 1 plate id be like this ---> :hello2:
 
Memorial Day is so perfect for these finds. Congratulations sir.
Banner.
 
Well it looks like it was a blue plate special day for sure! Congratulations from Mississippi.
 
W :o W CONGRATS!!

:wink: RR
 
:icon_thumright: congrats great day swinging :icon_thumleft:
 
WOW - that has to be a Banner day, my votes in :headbang:
 
If this doesn't make BANNER there's something wrong.
 
UNREAL Todd......Didn't this just happen to you last year? Beautiful Save's once again :icon_thumright:
 
Holy crap! Awesome day Todd!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom