What's new

MEMORIAL DAY BRINGS (3) PLATES...

  • Thread starter Thread starter lovedigging
  • Start date Start date
L

lovedigging

Guest
I'm still in shock! But yes, I did say 3 plates! The weather was extremely hot here in Virginia today, 96 and humid. The 4 muskateers had decided to get out and knock on some doors to get permission from land owners to hunt today. What were we thinking? We should've been lying by the pool :icon_scratch: After striking out at a few places, Hutch911 decided we should hit up a place he had gotton permission at before. By the time we did this it was around noon and seemed even hotter. Amy reconfirmed permission for us to dig, and as she was walking away the woman told her "it's already been hunted to death". (I love when people say that! And so does my TDI). I decided to stay close to the road, figuring it hadn't been hit as hard as the rest of the field. Boy did that pay off! We were there maybe 1/2 hour when I dug an eagle button, stood up and hit another signal, which turned out to be the breast plate. After digging that, I stood up to sweep the area again and hit ANOTHER signal about 4' away. This turned out to be the first US boxplate. Another sweep revealed first the "Eagle I" button, then the "C" button. All of this was within a 10' circle. I was in total shock and didn't know whether to swing my machine or do backflips. I settled on swinging the TDI around a few more times and then I hit the signal that I knew had to be another plate... Amy wanted to watch me dig it and when it popped out of the ground.... let's just say she was almost as happy as if she'd dug it and was very excited to be holding it for the first time in 145 years. It was a great day hunting with friends, and one I'm sure I'll never forget or be able to top. Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!
 

Attachments

  • three plates.webp
    three plates.webp
    31 KB · Views: 3,493
  • memorial day buckles.webp
    memorial day buckles.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,464
  • buckle backs.webp
    buckle backs.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,433
  • memorial day buttons.webp
    memorial day buttons.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 3,430
  • memorial day.webp
    memorial day.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 3,439
Upvote 0
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. WOW. Awesome finds and yes banner for sure.
 
J :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
ust like the old days of digging in the 70S
 
3 plates in 1 day --buy a lotto ticket fast -- :icon_thumright:
 
It is only fitting that US buckles be next to my CS buckle.


Congratulations on the super finds.

Wettpaint
 
Great finds, and a great strategy. I always assume a site has been detected before and try to hit the least likely spot that would have been detected. It sure paid off for you!

Congrats!
Neil
 
Incredible!!!Good for you!
 
sweet CW relics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
awsome. just frickin awsome. I'm glad to see all the CW plates up on the banner lately. congrats man
 
I am glad to see that it was THREE plate's that pushed my ONE belt plate off the banner. Congrats on a very well deserved banner !!



VPR
 
This isn't a dream hunt to me, it's more like a fanatasy!!! Great job and awesome finds.
 
Finding those sweet relics so close together got me to thinking. Do you suppose that the original owners may have been on the business end of a cannon blast or some other type of explosion?
How else can such a grouping be possible? I'm open to other ideas but this one sticks out as most logical after enjoying watching Bank of America's liberal 'A History Of Us' miniseries.
 
GopherDaGold said:
Finding those sweet relics so close together got me to thinking. Do you suppose that the original owners may have been on the business end of a cannon blast or some other type of explosion?
How else can such a grouping be possible? I'm open to other ideas but this one sticks out as most logical after enjoying watching Bank of America's liberal 'A History Of Us' miniseries.
We did dig a borman fuse right there also but kinda ruled it out since it was two box plates together instead of his buckle. Not sure but we'd like to know also :dontknow:
 
A lot of history in such a short time! :thumbsup:
 
Hot diggity dog U done good ;D Congrats on the Banner and those are some good ones :o CMDdawg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom