Memorial day weekend teller tray score!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, as a lot of you might know, I have been having horrible luck with my half dollar and dime boxes... Upon dumping some half dollars this morning, I figured, why not stop at some random banks in the area and ask for halves and some rolls of coins(dimes, pennies, and nickels)... So the first bank I stop at had 3 half dollars, so I bought them, and to my suprise, one was a nice old dirty 1967! :tongue3::goldtrophy::goldtrophy::4leafclover:
Pushing my luck further, I stopped at my main pickup bank and requested 2 boxes of dimes, got those, proceded to my next main pickup bank and got one more dime box. And after that, I stopped at 3 banks, different banks, not all the same name, and got $50 in dimes and $20 in nickels from them no problems, and got some random penny rolls too, some of those penny rolls look real old, one is even in a purple CWR... weird.

I'll let ya know how I do, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and to all those who have served for our country and everybody who gave it all, thank you and god bless!!
:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet man! Let us know. I just picked up a box of pennies and a box of nickels. Check out my log later on for the results.

Happy hunting!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I just did the 6 CWR dimes I picked up, got a 1952d roosie!! now I am hoping with the remaining machine wrapped dimes, that they aen't skunky like they've been the last few weeks. Good luck!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, for the totals for the dimes:

$170 loose rolls(with the 6 CWR), 1 silver: 1953d(sorry i made a typo in the original post)
Dime box 1: skunk
Dime box 2: skunk
Dime box 3: 2 silvers: 1964 1964d

on to the cents now!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$20 in pennies yielded 10 wheats, oldest from 1934.
$80 in nickels yielded 2 war nickels: 1942-s, 1944p, as well as 2 buffalo nickels: 1934p and a non-dated philly mint buffalo.

I can't complain with those results.
HH folks!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$20 in pennies yielded 10 wheats, oldest from 1934.
$80 in nickels yielded 2 war nickels: 1942-s, 1944p, as well as 2 buffalo nickels: 1934p and a non-dated philly mint buffalo.

I can't complain with those results.
HH folks!

Some guys have all the luck! Those are some darn good results I'd have to say. :icon_thumleft:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job! I'm happy to hear your luck is turning around. This must have been the weekend for teller tray scores.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking guys, I was very happy to add some to the pile... I think I am almost 1/2 way to filling a dime tube now! and this 40% completes my first tube of 40% silver halves this year(20 coins). I am actually on track to completing my goals for 2012 if the pace keeps up, although my half dollar goals would not be accomplished if they stay as slow as they are.

this week I should have anywhere from 2-4 boxes of halves coming in, 6 boxes of dimes, and whatever else I randomly pick up.
good luck this week everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread