Mercs, Rosies, & a First

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Mercs, Rosies, & a First

Saturday: Started the day at 7:30am at the small Park LI Tom and I have been hunting. This park has provided generously for both, but.......the only area that holds the silver is the smallest of patches. With that said, we've gridded that area so many times, it is unbelievable that coins are still coming out. Just the other night I was telling Tom something to the effect of "We can go there and probably find one silver each or perhaps one of us finds two but that is it. Well, Saturday it was a different tune. I ventured to an area a couple hundred feet from that honey hole and managed to find a dirty/stained merc. With nothing else coming out, I went back to the honey hole and out came another merc, followed by a Rosie and then another Rosie. The metal detecting first? A .22 pistol. Gave the police a call and they immediately came over to pick it up. I called it a day at 3:30pm.

Sunday: Headed over to a park that has been just as generous for both Tom and I. Tom has done really well here, and it was a joint effort yesterday to locate even more "Spill pockets". I say that because it seems the silver coins are in very concentrated areas in that park. You could find some silver in a 50x30' foot area and everything else around it will be memorials at 5". We weren't able to locate anything new, but we did manage to squeeze out some more from the areas we had already detected. Tom managed the bigger silver and for me it was two mercs that I was more than happy with. Mercs make the detecting day in my book.........all day, any day. My style of detecting has changed over the last month or so from cherry picking to digging just about anything that sounds good, hence all the junk that is being photographed lately. Before, I would go out and dig 60 coins with maybe one or two caps and some object here and there. As usual, photos enclosed and below.

Saturday
Saturday03.JPG

Sunday
Sunday04.JPG

Upvote 0
Re: Mercs, Rosies, & a First

Nice little haul of silver Ricardo!!!

WTG
SgtSki

Gotta love a multiple silver day. Very nice Ricardo. WTG.
Take care, Mike

great job on the silver, i agree 100% about finding those mercs it makes my day also.

Nice digs Ricardo!!! That's a GOOD weekend of digs for these parts :) This weekend was a bust for me having to work Saturday and all. As I was telling Tom, maybe we can meet up Saturday or the holiday Monday.

What a great day for you on the Silver, and thanks for taking the time to post such fabulous photographs.

HH

I'll take the silver any way it comes, WTG !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Nice finds Ricardo! Was the .22 buried or on top of the ground? That would have scared the heck out of me..were you hunting LI or in the city?

artemis moon said:
Nice finds Ricardo! Was the .22 buried or on top of the ground? That would have scared the heck out of me..were you hunting LI or in the city?

The .22 looks like it was hastily ditched. There was at the most 1/4 inch of dirt over it. My best guess is someone quickly tried to bury it but didn't have anything to dig with. This was in the city.

Ricardo glad you got your weekend hunt in..sounds like a great time... Nice work on the silver! :)

Hey Rick,as always it's a blast hunting with you and as usual since the Explorer arrived super silver finds in pounded parks.

Congrats on the silver and goodies and kudo's for getting rid of that pistol!!

Nice finds! Since I often detect with my kids, I don't want to find a .22!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back