What's new

Mercurys and Rosies

greg23

Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
322
Reaction score
86
Golden Thread
0
Location
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Went to a local Variety store,and asked if they ever get any silver.He showed me a bunch of mixed Rosies and Mercs.Then he said wait a second,ill be right back.When he came back he had 2 rolls in his hand.Well my eyes almost popped out of my head when he opened them.He had one roll of Mercury dimes,one roll of Rosies,and a mixed roll of both.I bought them all for 5 times face value.Total 167 silver dimes!He told me people come in and exchange their old money for new money!He has my number and I cant wait till he calls me back!!!

HH

Greg
 

Attachments

  • mjjh.webp
    mjjh.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0
Wow nice buy. :thumbsup:
What is a Variety store? Sorry but I have never heard of one.
 
wow nice steal!
 
I think I can help with this one. I am originally from Detroit which is just north of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. (Yes its the only place in the USA North of Canada) A variety store is basically a 7-11 without a slurpee machine and you can buy tylnol-3 with codyne over the counter and take it over the border.
 
1/2 price sale!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Congrats but I am not very familiar with the dimes.

Is it still considered CRHunting those coins since you paid more than face value for them?

You paid $.50 cents for each. Why is everybody saying that it was a good price?

DW
 
Darth Walker said:
Congrats but I am not very familiar with the dimes.

Is it still considered CRHunting those coins since you paid more than face value for them?

You paid $.50 cents for each. Why is everybody saying that it was a good price?

DW

well my young padawon .50 cents is roughly .50- .60 cents below melt value. So even though he paid alittle more then face he still got a steal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom