What's new

Met a beautiful lady today . . .

49r Relics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
789
Reaction score
686
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with some buddies today and this seated half came out of the hole, but wow, look at the condition. Amazing detail. Wasn't very deep but most of the targets were shallow on this hard pack, desert like sand. 12-47 on the CTX3030. I would usually be tempted to hit it with a little baking powder but I actually like the toning on it.
 

Attachments

  • 1447054220364.webp
    1447054220364.webp
    189.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 1447054235088.webp
    1447054235088.webp
    216.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 1447054254592.webp
    1447054254592.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 1447054269091.webp
    1447054269091.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 80
Grats to ya...just awesome. Thanks for sharing this one with us all. HH ALL (and may we all find a seated half!)
 
WOW WOW WOW
Congrats on a very hard to find coin.
If you going to bother having it professionally cleaned and graded,, send it to PCGS. Their grade is Gospel, and worth every bit of the cost.
Nobody who is Anybody will contest PCGS'S grade.
 
Toning adds to the character of the coin. Big congrats on a very fine looking find!
 
Amazing find! Congratulations
 
Bet you're glad you didn't hit that with the shovel! Beautiful coin.
That is the reason I don't like popping them out with a screwdriver unless I'm in a tot lot.
Marvin
 
bet she still looks good in the morning:-)
 
Don't touch that thing. That is a gorgeous coin!! So jealous!! Congrats, and thanks for sharing!!
 
Cleaning should be off your list. Maybe some Distilled water Then maybe a Micro Cloth liked used for cleaning a Camera Lens. Thanks for sharing--goldnugget--Charlotte,N.C.
 
What a beauty! Love the toning on the coin and it's one that really stands out. Perfect looking and say the heck with the cleaning by anyone. Congrats on the this one!
 
now thats a lady I would buy flowers for.congrats...priceless find you'll never forget
 
Stunning shape...love the tone of it!
 
She's a beauty!
 
I voted banner based on how beautiful that coin is. The toning is perfect.
 
Breathtaking.

Looks like a moonshine-fuel'd '49er just dropped it!!

Way to go Mark!
 
Wow. That's beautiful. I'd keep it exactly like it is. Nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom