djm of PA
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 11, 2010
- Messages
- 834
- Reaction score
- 350
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Carsonville, PA
- Detector(s) used
- MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
djm of PA said:bird band I agree with, but pigeon, no way. This ring is a bit larger than the duck bands I have gotten off of mallards I shot. It would fall of the foot of most birds. I was thinking goose or turkey, but didn't know the PDA banded birds. That is usually a federally funded activity.
djm of PA said:bird band I agree with, but pigeon, no way. This ring is a bit larger than the duck bands I have gotten off of mallards I shot. It would fall of the foot of most birds. I was thinking goose or turkey, but didn't know the PDA banded birds. That is usually a federally funded activity.
I would think if it was removed from a tree, it would not be connected. Was it still connected when found? That would make me think that whatever it was has died. (duh) 

http://www.birdmag.com/birdbands.htm If you have a bird with an open wire ring import band, you should be able to trace the band by calling the USDA. (301) 734-5097 You may surprised at the information you receive. 