Metal Detecting Dreams?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Not to long ago a few guys here found a hot spot in PA. They were finding two cent coins, shield nickels, etc. It was shortly after that I had a rare dream. I was in a city park and had my detector in the car. I was just walking around and noticed a coin sticking out of the dirt. Turned out to be a two cent piece. ;D Then I found another. Didn't even need the detector. :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only dreamed about detecting once that I remember and it was really fun because my darn old aching back didn't hurt and I was young again. I can't recall finding anything, just swinging the coil and digging. I never dream I am my age, but usually in my early thirties. Occasionally I am in highschool again and going on 16. I tease my grandaughters and they always ask me what I dreamed. I tell them I dreamed I was a lizard basking in the sun. " Tee hee hee, Oh Grandpa!" makes it all worth it. Monty

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone those are great but... Thats it?? Give me more ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Fun topic I know you had another good topic...I think it was about your worst day...I posted my 3 coin day in the dead of winter trying out a new coil! :( Well no dreams for me...I do seem to have de ja vu though...It seems like i have no trouble finding a lot of clad....next to no silver and a ton of dimes...weird....sometimes it feels like a dream because a lot of my days feel exactly the same! ???

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I once dreamed I was detecting in central park (new york) and there was a big festival and people droping stuff left and right,I was just scooping it up, henI looked down and I was naked ;D. Then I woke up. ;D

T

TreasureTales

TEXAN Connection said:
I once dreamed I was detecting in central park (new york) and there was a big festival and people droping stuff left and right,I was just scooping it up, henI looked down and I was naked ;D. Then I woke up. ;D

Yikes! Where is Dr. Freud when we need him??!!!! LOL, that's one fascinating dream. Oh, not the part about being naked but rather that part about people being in Cental Park and dropping stuff left and right. Wouldn't that be called littering anywhere else? Yuck, yuck.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
TEXAN Connection said:

In your dreams were you at least wearing headphones??? ;D ;D ;D :o

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
These stories are great, "Charlie P. (NY)" It seems to me your interpretation of my dreams show that you are the one who has been abused and we are all here to talk if you need it.

* sigh *. It all started the day I remember Dad teaching me how to swim. He just threw me in. By the time I got out of the burlap sack and swam to shore with my arms coat-hanger wired behind my back it was all I could do to see the tire marks where he peeled out to determine which direction home was. Luckily I came up on the correct side of the bridge and the tide was coming in.

And I remember he got a stuffed animal for me at the circus. Last I saw him he said "fair trade" and left me with Scabs the Clown.

Cactus_Cache

May 6, 2007
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hello all,

Just wondering if I am the only one that dreams of finding coins. I have these dreams where I am searching through "Welcome Mats," (of all things) Clear Water Beaches and strange places of people who have died that I don't know. I find some great coins most I can't recognize but you can see are rare and or old. (Remember these are dreams that happend in my sleep not real)

So what are some of your treasure finding dreams, if any?

Keep @ it and HH!!

I can't admit I have had dreams of metal detecting. I've had strange, happy and bad dreams. But none about swinging a M.D. or finding something I ought not to grab or touch.

But I'd like to share something a bit different that happened. A couple of months ago, I took my seven year-old daughter to Port Lavaca, Texas to fish for a while. I think it was March during Spring Break. On the way, it was cloudy and rained lightly until we got to Port Lavaca. She caught several nice fish while I helped her and didn't catch anything (life isn't always fair, huh?).

On our way back to Seguin, we came north towards Gonzales and then turned west onto Highway 466. From Victoria north, we headed into a bad thunderstorm. We hit the storm about five miles north of Victoria. there was a LOT of lightning and very heavy rains. We had to slow to a crawl at least twice. When we crossed a river or creek bridge not too uch further north, there was lightning to our right. As I looked over towards the bright light, I was confident I saw a strange boat floating down the stream that was swelling. It had sails and it was full-sail. It happened for an instance and then it seems to disappear. I wonder if I saw a ghost Pirate or "Privateer" ship that night. It was really strange. I understand that Jean Lafitte buried trasure at the mouth of the Lavaca River and that the mouth of the Colorado is very interesting place to hunt for burined treasures.

Happy Swingin'

Cactus_Cache

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions