What's new

Metal Detecting Flip-Flops

I thought of mounting a pin pointer to the bottom of my walking stick.
Spot an interesting pile of rocks? Flip it on and probe around a little.
I take my pin pointer with me out mineral collecting and on hikes through the woods Etc.
I agree with the Out Of Sight Out Of Mind theory.

I know a guy that does the exact same thing!! Every year him and his wife go to Belize. He didn't want to draw attention to himself because it is a pretty rough place down there. He said he was gonna tape his pin pointer to a cane a detect the beach this way. If he makes it back I will share with yous guys his adventure!!:dontknow:
 
Someday all metal detecting will be banned so stock up on sandal detectors while you can.
 
:tongue3:Watch out! You could step on a pop top and blow out your flip flop.
 
Well that escalated quickly.. Not gonna lie, I read all the comments because it got SO intense!!!!
 
O, am I ever going to get a Timeout for this........

All the admonishments about stealth mode in illegal areas...............and it turns out theres an advertisement right on this site below the banner that cycles thru advocating the same thing:

Rover UC undercover metal detector with smart phone controller for undercover treasure hunting - OKM Metal Detectors

Sorry, I didn't screen grab the ad, but it said it was a metal detector disguised as a walking stick. Check out their site and then read between THOSE lines.

Hmmmmmm. Now theres money involved. Don't hate me because I pointed out the facts. :dontknow:





.
 
All the admonishments about stealth mode in illegal areas...............and it turns out theres an advertisement right on this site below the banner that cycles thru advocating the same thing:

Rover UC undercover metal detector with smart phone controller for undercover treasure hunting - OKM Metal Detectors

Sorry, I didn't screen grab the ad, but it said it was a metal detector disguised as a walking stick. Check out their site and then read between THOSE lines.

Hmmmmmm. Now theres money involved. Don't hate me because I pointed out the facts. :dontknow:





.
The google ads are different for everyone, they are based on each member's individual searches.
 
The google ads are different for everyone, they are based on each member's individual searches.


Does that mean I have suppressed closet Nighthawking tendencies? Now I'm worried......???
 
Does that mean I have suppressed closet Nighthawking tendencies? Now I'm worried......???

What I am saying is everyone sees different ads based on their browsing history, you see one ad, I see a totally different ad, someone else see totally different ad than you and I see...
 
What I am saying is everyone sees different ads based on their browsing history, you see one ad, I see a totally different ad, someone else see totally different ad than you and I see...

You do know I was joking.....

Whats interesting is that I basically didn't have a browser history when I posted that. New computer due to the death of my old one, and this was the first metal detecting site I visited. No Way it gave me a tailored result (I also go to great lengths to hide my path thru the net) based on any history in my computer. If this site tracks me via my login, then yes, I am trackable as to what threads I visit here. But that would be disturbing and I doubt TN does that anyway.
 
You do know I was joking.....

Whats interesting is that I basically didn't have a browser history when I posted that. New computer due to the death of my old one, and this was the first metal detecting site I visited. No Way it gave me a tailored result (I also go to great lengths to hide my path thru the net) based on any history in my computer. If this site tracks me via my login, then yes, I am trackable as to what threads I visit here. But that would be disturbing and I doubt TN does that anyway.
As I said ads are different for everyone.

You may be using new computer, but your using same IP of your old computer which is provided to you by your provider.

Don't know when you bought your new computer but your using one of the same IPs now you used 6 months ago.
 
Last edited:
Same IP, but theres no cookies on my old one either except for TN and other sites' logins(bank, emails, ebay, forums, etc). But then your ad machine is linking my IP to what I do under my login here. That makes the most sense as I was following this thread about unethical metal detecting.

Nonetheless, the fact remains that in a thread that TN takes the High Road position, TN is encouraging me to buy an item that is 100% contrary to those ethics. I just found that humorous and ironic + thought others would too.
 
Ads? What ads? Cookies?....got any chocolate chip?
 
Here's what I don't get about discreet detectors (take your pick). Say the thing works perfectly and you've located a coin below the surface ( four inches or halfway to China), what good does it do you to know it's there? How do you discreetly dig a twofoot hole?:dontknow:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom