What's new

Metal Detecting Flip-Flops

LOL Laughing out loud. It was a joke. You know, knock knock who's there.
 
a32deuce said:
I still think it is a great idea. If they would work as advertised it would be great. I did not get ripped off, the Co refunded the full purchase price. I also have a wonderful MXT, but I do alot of walking when I'm not using the MXT and felt that these sandals would just give me better odds if they worked. Where I live we have alot of "off Limit" areas, i.e., PUBLIC parks, tot lots and others that our illustrious "City Fathers" have deemed not suitable for metal detecting, thus not allowed. I don't agree with their views and feel that any "public gathering areas" should be available to the responsible detectorist.

Not a joke, people who advocate ignoring existing detecting laws gives authorities ammo against us and makes it easier for the politicians to pass more laws against our hobby and us.........
 
Was telling people to kiss his ... a joke?
 
Glad we cleared that up. :laughing7:
 
Jeez, give the guy a break. He was just trying to get some input on a freakin valid question. Why do you have such an attitude? And as for the "off limits" areas, I can't say as I blame the guy. I bought my son a metal detector because I thought it would be fun. Little did I know the only place you can metal detect is in your own back yard or they will take your car!!?? Give me a break. If I had known that I would not have gotten his hopes up and would have saved my money. And guys like you certainly don't make it any better. All you had to do is make your point once. Point taken. Now move on. And get a life for God's sake.
 
How about taping your pinpointer to your leg. You can beef most up to over 2 ". Frank...
51.webp
 
I wear size 15EEE boots and you can probably fit an AT Pro in each one and still have room for most folk's feet! :tongue3:


Frank
 
bigskipper:

Perhaps you can find a local landowner who will give you and your son permission to hunt. I don't know what part of the country you live in - but there are sites everywhere.

Have you read KvonM's Coinshooter's Manual?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
 
a32deuce, if your talking about just detecting so that everybody isn't in your business, that's fine. There are enough places that you can practice doing that and not get yourself in trouble. But if you want to wander over ground that is in no uncertain terms OFF LIMITS, not a good idea. None of us here like being told we can't do what we like to on public while other people can. You just have to be very creative in a way that won't get you in trouble, it can be done. If you think about it I'm sure you can
 
Yep, that's them. In spite of all the unsolicited, hateful, disparaging remarks above, I still think it is a great idea. If they would work as advertised it would be great. I did not get ripped off, the Co refunded the full purchase price. I also have a wonderful MXT, but I do alot of walking when I'm not using the MXT and felt that these sandals would just give me better odds if they worked. Where I live we have alot of "off Limit" areas, i.e., PUBLIC parks, tot lots and others that our illustrious "City Fathers" have deemed not suitable for metal detecting, thus not allowed. I don't agree with their views and feel that any "public gathering areas" should be available to the responsible detectorist. Due to the nature of the snide and hateful nature of the remarks above, no further replies to this post will be made by me, so most all of the respondent's above can note the mistletoe attached to my shirttail.


Or you could just get one of these:


Rover UC undercover metal detector with smart phone controller for undercover treasure hunting - OKM Metal Detectors

If you have an extra $12,229.00, KELLYCO has them for sale :)
 
I thought of mounting a pin pointer to the bottom of my walking stick.
Spot an interesting pile of rocks? Flip it on and probe around a little.
I take my pin pointer with me out mineral collecting and on hikes through the woods Etc.
I agree with the Out Of Sight Out Of Mind theory.
 
Even with pinpointers tied to your feet, wouldn't they trigger on each other as you walked?
The guy with the built in snow shoes (size 15EEE) had close to the right idea. AT pro in only one pant leg, (no falsing) volume in the headphones low and then do a John Travolta dance imitation. Surely no one would pay attention especially if he wore the whole white suit thing.
 
He should be drawn and quartered......AARRGGHH!!:icon_pirat::piratehand:
 
I thought of mounting a pin pointer to the bottom of my walking stick.
Spot an interesting pile of rocks? Flip it on and probe around a little.
I take my pin pointer with me out mineral collecting and on hikes through the woods Etc.
I agree with the Out Of Sight Out Of Mind theory.

You could turn some threads on the end of a wood dowel (stick) to match the end cap threads on the pin pointer and screw it on to the end of it. Then maybe add a rubber tip to the end of the pp.
 
I just read this entire thread. That's 5 minutes of my life that I can't get back. :BangHead:
 
Stealth mode...i like the idea. What about building a remote controlled machine that has a metal detector under it. Think Mars rover but smaller. this can all be done under the cover of darkness and remotely controlled via computer. A signal is found and pinpointed then an arm drops from the bottom drilling a hole much like core samples. The machine extracts the target from the core then drops the core back into the hole with no traces of any ground disturbance. I figure it may only cost around 10 million to make but well worth every penny, nickle dime and quarter it digs.
 
Do they come in pink and bedazzled?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom