What's new

Metal Detecting Flip-Flops

a32deuce

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Found a pair of metal detecting flip-flop sandals on ebay, bought em, got em and they didn't work as advertised. The right sandal has the unit built into the heel area, with a power unit (9v) that attaches to the calf with a velcro fastener. They were advertised to locate metal objects up to 2' in depth. Not so, did not detect until metal object was almost touching (1"or less) the sole of the sandal. What a shame, because this is a great idea. Would be ideal for detecting while leisurly walking along, or for the beach or even "off limit" areas, lol. I had the co check their stock in the hopes of getting a pair that would function as advertised, but all their inventory checked out the same way as mine had. Thankfully they refunded my full purchase price without hassle. Sure would like to find a pair that detects up to 2'. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Anyone else have any experience with these?
 
There's one born every minute!
 
I'd like to see you pinpoint with a set like that. LOL
just razzing you. it sounds like a good idea just kinda tough to make it practical
 
When you detect how are you suppose to swing the detector? You are suppose to swing it parallel to the ground as close to the ground as possible correct?....Think about it, how are you going to do that walking with a pair of sandals?????

You say to detect "off limit" areas, you do realize that detecting many off limit areas will get you arrested, as well as they have the legal right to confiscate your detector and your vehicle....

Did you honestly think the sandals would really work?
 
Two foot depth of detection on a boxcar maybe.
 
Two feet?.......Sandals? Sure it isn't just a play on words? :D


I'll agree with Sniffer, "sounds like a good idea just kinda tough to make it practical". :thumbsup:
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
When you detect how are you suppose to swing the detector? You are suppose to swing it parallel to the ground as close to the ground as possible correct?....Think about it, how are you going to do that walking with a pair of sandals?????

You say to detect "off limit" areas, you do realize that detecting many off limit areas will get you arrested, as well as they have the legal right to confiscate your detector and your vehicle....

Did you honestly think the sandals would really work?

I think an 'old soft shoe' routine and a Fred Astaire T-shirt would work the best. Of course, it'd sort of give you away to the smart park ranger...... ;D
 
Sorry you wasted your money which you could have applied to a US major brand detector. As for hunting Off Limit areas, you kidding right? This is what gets us looked down on by everyone. :BangHead:
 
How about snow shoes in Alaska. You could start with one of those oversized butterfly coils. Some claim the coil makes the detector go deeper. LOL Frank
 
you mean like these?
 
Yep, that's them. In spite of all the unsolicited, hateful, disparaging remarks above, I still think it is a great idea. If they would work as advertised it would be great. I did not get ripped off, the Co refunded the full purchase price. I also have a wonderful MXT, but I do alot of walking when I'm not using the MXT and felt that these sandals would just give me better odds if they worked. Where I live we have alot of "off Limit" areas, i.e., PUBLIC parks, tot lots and others that our illustrious "City Fathers" have deemed not suitable for metal detecting, thus not allowed. I don't agree with their views and feel that any "public gathering areas" should be available to the responsible detectorist. Due to the nature of the snide and hateful nature of the remarks above, no further replies to this post will be made by me, so most all of the respondent's above can note the mistletoe attached to my shirttail.
 
a32deuce said:
Yep, that's them. In spite of all the unsolicited, hateful, disparaging remarks above, I still think it is a great idea. If they would work as advertised it would be great. I did not get ripped off, the Co refunded the full purchase price. I also have a wonderful MXT, but I do alot of walking when I'm not using the MXT and felt that these sandals would just give me better odds if they worked. Where I live we have alot of "off Limit" areas, i.e., PUBLIC parks, tot lots and others that our illustrious "City Fathers" have deemed not suitable for metal detecting, thus not allowed. I don't agree with their views and feel that any "public gathering areas" should be available to the responsible detectorist. Due to the nature of the snide and hateful nature of the remarks above, no further replies to this post will be made by me, so most all of the respondent's above can note the mistletoe attached to my shirttail.

So by your remarks it says you still plan on hunting areas that are off limits to metal detecting and creating more problems for our hobby.....Our remarks were not snide and hatefull, we simply resent poor hunters creating more problems for our hobby by hunting areas that they know are illegal.

You want to be able to hunt those areas, don't like those laws against it, then fight the laws in city hall, dont create more problems and get more areas banned for the other hunters in your area who do obey the laws.......

Don't come back here whining when you get caught and fined, or they confiscate your detector..........

Oh, insert your own mistletoe............
 
GFY - I have done nothing illegal and never advocate same. Mind your own arrest record.
 
a32deuce said:
Would be ideal for detecting while leisurly walking along, or for the beach or even "off limit" areas, lol.

Maybe this is where we got the idea from...............
 
What is your preoccupation with "reading between the lines" or taking things out of context? Sir, I have neither the time nor the inclination to continue responding to your drivel. Do us all a favor and mind your own business.
 
a32deuce said:
What is your preoccupation with "reading between the lines" or taking things out of context? Sir, I have neither the time nor the inclination to continue responding to your drivel. Do us all a favor and mind your own business.

When people talk about breaking the laws on metal detecting it is everyones business....My replies are based on what you said....
 
You said you bought detecting sandals to detect off limit areas. It doesn't take reading between the lines to see that. What would you have us all to believe you meant instead? You didn't expect to get sympathy from us for your thwarted plans of breaking the law, did you? Some detectorists aren't on the up-and-up, but most of us are, and are quick to show disapproval to those who aren't.... as it should be.
 
a32deuce said:
What is your preoccupation with "reading between the lines" or taking things out of context? Sir, I have neither the time nor the inclination to continue responding to your drivel. Do us all a favor and mind your own business.
No one is reading between the lines. You need to go back and read what you posted. Telling people to kiss your ... is not going to make many friends.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom