What's new

Metal detecting for hearing impaired

ChaseJax

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know if there are any machines out there for the hearing impaired that vibrate instead of sound? Preferably a waterproof PI machine.
Or are there any aftermarket headphones or accessories that can be used?
 
I was operating my Ace 250 50 yards from the RR tracks (in Railroad Park) as the train Blasted his horn and thunders through I couldn't hear a thing but in the process go buzzing for a quarter signal I felt it vibrating. If I could find and recover that $.25 pinpointing it and digging it with just the 250, in all that noise, surely a def person more sensitivity to vibration could use one. add a Garrett pinpointed and it should be easy.
 
I was operating my Ace 250 50 yards from the RR tracks (in Railroad Park) as the train Blasted his horn and thunders through I couldn't hear a thing but in the process go buzzing for a quarter signal I felt it vibrating. If I could find and recover that $.25 pinpointing it and digging it with just the 250, in all that noise, surely a def person more sensitivity to vibration could use one. add a Garrett pinpointed and it should be easy.

The Ace 250 does not offer a vibration mode...does it?
 
Makro Racer 2 has a vibration mode.
 
i can tell the difference in vibrations from the speaker in the handle of my mxt.i sure you can get use to this.
good luck brad
 
I've set my CTX3030 to utilize tones I can clearly hear.

I don't wear my hearing aids while detecting, so this was a great solution.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom