Metal detecting from a kayak/canoe?

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Has anyone used a kayak or canoe to reach otherwise inaccessible locations? I have gone out a few times to hunt this way and have found some pretty virgin sites(based on the amount of other debris) What are your experiences?
Kayak%20on%20beach.jpg

This is not my kayak, just added for interest.

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Omni,

have not tried using a craft to hunt sites.
I get on the water and all I want to do is fish :D

Think Jake had a post on his family summer home
and using some sort of watercraft.

have a good un..............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I spend alot of time in the canoe and am able to get to places that are inaccessible by land. So last summer I started taking my detector with. There are many islands and small low water inlets that I am now able to detect on ,that I couldn't before. I will be detecting a ghost town in June and the canoe is a must as I will be following the river to gain access to it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I would use my canoe to get to beaches I couldn't get to by walking or car. Some places you can park your car/truck and come back to find the wheels or paint gone. Also had clients pick me up at the launch site with their boat and take me to their beach to find the ring they lost.

FrankMD

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2006
Hey that's a great idea! I did use a canoe to access a gold bearing creek that ran into the Rapahanock River in VA. I want to use a canoe to get to some out of the wat Civil war relic sites I know about.

Frank

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey there Omni! How's it going? Nice to see you on line. I sold both of my businesses & retired as of March 15th, & I have been so tied up that I haven't had a chance to get out at all. It's killing me & hearing about pretty virgins (sites) just adds some salt to the wounds. I hope to take care of this lack of detecting soon.
Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread