hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am retired, living in S. Korea, Pyeong-taek, near both Camp Humphreys, AnJong-ri, and Osan Air Force Base, Songtan. Have been hunting the S. Korean hills for many, many years. And have been finding things.
If you are interested in getting away from the "vill" scene, and doing some good hiking and coin hunting, then give me a buzz.
(031) 618-4706, mornings, except Saturdays (out in the hills), and Sundays (in Church).
Not guaranteed to find coins, but guaranteed to have a great time.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I spent a year getting drunk in Songton back in 91 - 92.

I'd love to get back there and see more country side... I worked too much to explore and I regret it.

Is the Station Club still there?

Anyway... enjoy retirement in the ROK!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have put in for Korea twice and may put in for future assignments there. I am very happy to see that there is someone to hunt with if I make end up there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
I was assigned to Kunson AFB,1968, A friend went out into a field[rice paddy} off the base with a shovel and dug up a large old jade incense burner..I think he got a tip from a local villager where to dig. Older areas that were once populated areas and were turned back into rice paddys when I was their were ripe with buried items.good luck

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Go metal detecting for Land Mines the Korean way. You know, cover your ears and stomp your foot in front of you.

Just kidding.

I don't know much about South Korea. I've only been to Pusan a couple of times.

65f100guy

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Yubaville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
XP Deus
Whites MXT All Pro
Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there! I am currently at Osan and will be here until May 17th. Id be interested in going out on a hunt if your offer is still good. I was stationed here in 1998-1999 and make regular trims here now for work. I have my detector and would love to do some hunting in Korea. Please respond. I am working nights here. My weekends are free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions