Metal detecting in South Korea

Deepblue1981

Apr 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all,

I am currently residing in south korea. Recently got interested in metal detecting. I have no prior experience. I was wondering if i can find people who are in metal detecting and are currently in south Korea.
I want to learn the basics and want your advise on which metal detector to buy. If possible i would like to accompany you on one of your metal detecting trip.

Thanks
JK

Upvote 0
I would check with the locals for any laws first. Are you looking to land hunt or salt water? AT Pro is a good land machine. Excal II is an awesome salt water machine. Lots of other goods choices in both categories.

Dear all,

I am currently residing in south korea. Recently got interested in metal detecting. I have no prior experience. I was wondering if i can find people who are in metal detecting and are currently in south Korea.
I want to learn the basics and want your advise on which metal detector to buy. If possible i would like to accompany you on one of your metal detecting trip.

Thanks
JK

I'm sure the US Army needs metal detectors up on the DMZ. <evil grin>

If you could find some areas related to the past military conflict imagine some of the things you could find. But I'm betting most of those places are in the north.

I was TDY a few times to Osan AFB, most of the land outside the base is farm land and very protected.

Careful hunting war areas......there might still be some live mines.

Greetings. Where are you in Korea. I am in the City of Daejeon. I frequent Songtan on the weekends or sometimes Itewan as I play darts for a hobby and those are the best places around. I just purchased a Whites Surfmaster II PI. My thought was all the rivers, rice fields and mud flats are all virgin territory. The mountains appear quite sandy, at least on and near the trails. So, the surfmaster was my choice. We are on a peninsula.

... I just purchased a Whites Surfmaster II PI.....

Be aware, that's a beach pulse machine. So it has no ability to pass iron and nails. You might go bonkers on some land sites, where there is often lots of nails and iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back