What's new

Metal Detecting/scrap

fonzy182

Greenie
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Just wondering if it's viable to scrap the junk finds. Especially now that scrap prices have never been higher.
 
I have a copper and a brass bucket on the back porch. I don't need the money per say but why throw money away? I guess if I ever quit recycling aluminum cans, I might quit collecting brass and copper.
The cans really are getting old...
HH ALL!
 
I have a copper and a brass bucket on the back porch. I don't need the money per say but why throw money away? I guess if I ever quit recycling aluminum cans, I might quit collecting brass and copper.
The cans really are getting old...
HH ALL!
Yes. Ty for reply. I think the bucket idea is perfect for my situation as well. 2 or 3 max.
 
Something is always better than nothing,which is what you get if you throw it away.
 
Something is always better than nothing,which is what you get if you throw it away.
My detecting buddy recycles metals and lead is another one he likes From me - of course silver and gold he’d accept too…! 😄
 
Each New Years I turn in my scrap copper and brass, usually get $50-$75 bucks, I buy silver rounds with the free money.
 
I turn in copper and brass, but that's about it. I save the cast iron and put it out at the end of my driveway once I have a decent amount. Someone always comes along and picks it up. Cast iron is only around 10 cents a pound, so it's not worth it for me to take it to the scrap yard with my little Toyota. If I had a truck, I would definitely take it, though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom