What's new

Metal detecting sites in the Hudson Valley area.

Pirat3

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am getting a new metal detector soon (Ace 250 ;D) , but i was wondering if there was any sites anyone knows of? And if you know the rules regulations that would be great also :wink:


Also there are a couple abandon houses by me probably at least for 50 years and one found anything in these?

Thanks
 
I would visit http://www.metaldetectingworld.com Sergei is from the Albany area , scroll to the right , to My stories " Metal detecting in the USA " , allot of great info of upstate NY , anecdotes, photos , tips , and finds , Note there is more than one page per story so make sure you visit all the pages at the bottom . I followed some of his suggestions of where to look , and found allot of great areas to detect in my neck of the woods .
Also if you buy the ace 250 make sure you visit Youtube and type in ace 250 , since it is a popular detector there are many great tutorial videos . Happy Huntin This Season Brudda :icon_pirat:
 
There use to be many places I lived in the Hudson valley all my life until moving to Florida in 1989. Do a little research and I think you Will find plenty of neat places to hunt.....

The Rhinebeck area was loaded with old colonial sites from what I remember...

Don't forget the library and look at some old Poughkeepsie news papers
 
Hi, New to the metal detecting and have been looking for some places around orange county to hunt. Any suggestion would be helpful or if anyone is willing to show me the ropes.

Thanks
 
I am in orange county as well. Shoot me a pm.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom