May 31, 2014
Riverview
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 900
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife and I are attempting to put a trip together this summer for metal detecting. We were thinking about maybe booking a trip or looking into a metal detecting tour/guide/event. We are not really interested in seeded events but we would enjoy non-seeded land. Just a cursory look on the internet, I am not finding much. We do live in Florida on the Gulf side, so we could take a trip up the east coast and hunt the beaches but we were also interested in maybe headed north for some civil war/artifact hunting. Now we are novices, but this seems actually difficult to plan as I am not really sure if there is a "go to" source for finding farm land to hunt or private land to hunt other than to cold call and ask permission. Thanks in advance. I am sure this question has been asked a million times, sorry.....I am just trying to understand what is actually feasible and or manageable. Thanks in advance..... Jim

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
While waiting for member(s) to pipe in - I searched Google with "Metal Detecting Tours" USA - got a bunch of hits.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Back in the 80's a local owner of a metal detector shop here in Denver would go to the Outback on a guided tour to the gold fields with his wife and several other couples that were into tectin. I happened to walk in one day and they had got back and he had a story about the fact that between all of them and all the gold found, they could pay for the entire trip with the finds. He had a nugget, very thin and a little bigger than a quarter and he dropped it in my palm. I've been hooked ever since....gold fever! lol
I still want to do that, especially after watching a few Aussie Gold Hunters shows recently.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread