What's new

Metal Detector Rack for Vehicle???

SCdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2003
Messages
488
Reaction score
683
Golden Thread
2
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been searching around and surprised I really haven't found much of anything on this....

I have a Chevy Tahoe and I usually have no less than two or three machines with me at any time...however, they are usually just loose piled up in the back.

Has anyone built some kind of rack/holder for their machines to go in the back of a SUV or Truck? Would love to see some pics to give me some ideas...pvc? wood? just trying to engineer something in my mind!

Greg
 
I use a rifle rack. But I drive a pick up. I don't know where you would put it in a SUV.
 
maybe you could make something like this work the styrofoam is removeable maybe you could mount it and they could sit in it



hr4_2.webp
 
I use the hard sided cases made for golf bags on airplanes, works perfect...
 
I have ideas using PVC Pipe, that would hold them securely
but don't have the tools necessary to create one.

Would also be cumbersome if made to stand alone, without drilling holes for mounts

Plus I hated drafting so much, after I got out of school I never took it up.
So the thought of drawing plans up free hand for some one to make me one,
gives me unwelcome flash backs :tongue3:

I Just keep my back seat in my Jimmy down & set them in the back
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom