What's new

Metal Detector Suggestions

BenGatesJr.2010

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello all! I'm a new treasure hunter who's looking to expand his arsenal of treasure hunting tools from a shovel and lot's of determination to actual tools. I think that a metal detector would be the logical start. Anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive metal detectors?
 
Need more info, what kind of detecting, land water, what kind of budget, inexpensive is different to different people.
 
Land Detector, Looking for bigger stuff like metal safes and stuff of that sort, and $1000 is my money cap
 
there is a cheap one on ebay. Some Serbian guy.
using a 1 meter and 2 meter coils.
they are dirt cheap compared to similar large coil detectors.

https://www.ebay.com/str/trackerua?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197
I have two but never used them. So how good they work you'll have to research.

these are meant for bigger objects.
you won't find coins with them.
they look similar to this type of detector

View attachment 2205366

Good luck sir.
I hope you find something good.
Checked them out and ill say don't hold your breath expecting them to perform anywhere near a brand detector.
They look like cheap crap.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi mate. Don't buy a cheapy non known, there's a reason the guys here use proper detectors and not the cheap junk. Buy a known brand with proven performance.
What would be a good large coil.
1 meter plus, that you would recommend.
Under 1k.

I don't know of any in that range. Maybe you guys do.
He didn't say, But I think he is looking for something 6 feet deep.
 
Please remember, you can not post links to non supporting vendors or eBay links unless they are links to yours and you are a CM.

On another note, I wouldn't waste my money on it. We have good vendors here that stand behind their detectors.
 
As a beginner, start with a beginning machine. Consider a Garrett Ace 300. At less than $300, you cannot go wrong. Look at my arsenal. I have more than one Garrett. THEY WORK! Yes, I have a couple Minelabs also. I also have some dinosaurs that are no longer made. Ounce for ounce, dollar for dollar, it is hard to beat a Garrett. ╦╦C
 
For the money you're willing to spend you can get a used Minelab Equinox 600 from ebay with scratches and an expired warranty for around $400, that's the best detector for the money, and it will do 99% of what a brand new Equinox 800 will do for half the price and 90% of what the Minelab Manticore will do at 1/4 the price. I may even buy it if you're not fast, just to have a spare Equinox laying around.
 
You can get a used Minelab Manticore for $1000 or maybe a SD2300. You need Big Coils and Lots of power!
 
Beware of Chinese knock offs and snake oil salesmen, scroll down the page and buy from a trusted , authorized dealer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom