metal detector

charlieg

Apr 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Tesoro Silver Umax or the Tesoro Compadre are great, basic beep and dig detectors.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
delta 4000 is $279 with stock coil -- is a light in weight ,easy to use numbers type display machine --

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
your best bet is to see if someone you know already having a detector will lend you one before you buy it- I decided after my step dad lent me his that I wanted one...

check out any local places that sell them - if you live in FL you have it made (you can try them in the store before you buy.) I have just got an ACE 350 -for about $275 or so- kellyco has really outstanding customer service, they advertise on here so you can check them out- if you go too cheap you'll be unhappy with your purchase (I know I spent like $230 on a bounty hunter and it stopped working after about 5-6 outings), and difference about $100 makes means digging annoying junk or not. BH are a little on the cheap end (no offense if anyone has them and they work for you) - BH customer service never returned my calls, so I'd never do business with them again - that's the main reason I returned their product.

anyhow - Minelab, Fishers and Garrett seem to be what most people use- and their are other options that have great warranties so your best bet is to contact a dealer and ask around- do about a month of research before buying -as I rushed out and regretted buying something that didn't hold up- because I just wanted to get out and find cool stuff. :laughing7:

I don't know that I'd try E-bay for one - electronics are risky - and seems like a lot of people aren't on the level - one suggestion on if your new and green like I am....when your holding your detector practice using it from your shoulder not your elbow, as you will have tennis elbow bad in no time at all! ::) my first few times out digging up trash at the local park it was cold, I was sick with flu, elbow was hurting and I was finding trash and clad...but it's so fun it beats my best day at work.... lmao.

kellyco_bridget

Greenie
Mar 28, 2011
Winter Springs, FL
What I would recommend for you to do, is call Kellyco. We are the oldest and largest metal detector distributor in the world. Even though we are a large corporation we give excellent customer service (just like a "mom & pop store" would). When you call our sales agent will ask you a series of questions. Example: Price range, what terrain you will be detecting in, wet or dry areas, etc. Then by your answers we would give you our recommendations. Hope this was helpful to you. If I can be of any assistance to you please let me know.
Thanks,
Bridget
Kellyco (888) 535-5926
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.php

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
A good starting detector in my opinion is a Tesoro Cibola...very easy to use...cheap and a good detector in general. Some people will say the Ace250 but I find it to be very annoying...the bell tone is enough to drive a lunatic normal.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
white's detectors are the best go to the top of this page click the White's emblem and check them out you won't go wrong.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can call us too.

Were one of the newer guys that offers award winning customer service, members of the Better Business Bureau, AND we detect. :laughing9:

check out Treasurenet.com members testimonials by clicking this link
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,321866.0.html

Oh ! Did I mention we are open 7 days a week too? :dontknow:

Toll Free 855-966-3563

Attachments

• BEST MINELAB CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALER.JPG
    BEST MINELAB CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALER.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Woodland Detectors Sales Trusted Dealer.JPG
    Woodland Detectors Sales Trusted Dealer.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 180
  • BEST MINELAB CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALER.JPG
    BEST MINELAB CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALER.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Woodland Detectors Sales Trusted Dealer.JPG
    Woodland Detectors Sales Trusted Dealer.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 184

DirtyDon

May 5, 2005
rome.NY
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might check in your area for a Metal Detector club. I'm sure that anyone of them would be more than glad to have you as a visitor to one of their meetings. Wouldn't cost you anything to check them out. Any questions you might have will be answered there.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
If you want good info and a free bikini shot 10 x 8* - check out Kellyco chick Jamie

If you want good technical info and a free smile - check out Kellyco chick Bridget

If you want total cuteness but very garbled info - check out the new "Woodland chick"

If you want good info,tech info,great help and aftersales service and a free 10 x 8 "butt crack" shot - check out Mike at woodland above.

* Only available to members of the "I spent $1000" club.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread