Metal Detectors are being sold on Ebay with implied brand Names.

Enrique

Greenie
Jun 27, 2005
Henryville, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Silver Saber Plus, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But wait.....there's a sucker born every minute. He may even add one of those Chinese Garrett carrots to his basket. Thanks for the warnings and post, there may be a sucker reading it and he may save himself the loss.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
They are First Texas Products clones. Some of these Chinese manufacturers use PCBs with FTP printed on the board.

They just copy what they can to a degree, so don't expect it to perform like the original product.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Not just detectors, there are thousands of knock offs on ebay and all over the place. There was a drone that I almost bought but fortunately I went on youtube for reviews. The company was using the marketing video of a drone that cost a few thousand dollars to sell their $100 version.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I've come to realise that ebay actually wants their sellers to sell anything including fake stuff. Why would they care since they still get their cut.
I'm a fan of Biolage shampoo and the old recipie is really hard to find because it was discontinued years ago. Found and bought some off ebay and it's some cheap shampoo mix put into counterfit bottles. When you go to complain about the item being counterfit, ebay's system has 4 prefilled choices to choose from, or you can add your own, as to why you're not satisfied and one of those prefilled choices is "doesn't seem authentic".
So, imo, they know that this seller is selling counterfit goods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread