What's new

Meteor chunk falls on Calif. home

charlotte49er

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
253
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

A chunk of meteorite struck the house of a San Francisco Bay Area resident, landing in her backyard, after a meteor streaked through the sky on Wednesday evening.

Lisa Webber found the 2-inch rock, weighing 63 grams, in her backyard on Saturday after reading an article in the local paper about the meteorite.

Meteor chunk falls on Calif. home - U.S. News

The Government would probably try and find a way to claim it. But if it was me, they'd be in for a fight!
 
The Gov has already said if it lands on your property, it's yours. Any meteorite with a known history and actual damage is said to be worth a bunch. Pictures should be taken etc. She can probably pay off her house if mortgaged. I heard of a guy that had his car damaged by one and the car is on tour. I can't remember where the info came from though.
 
I think that might have been the Peekskill meteorite that hit the car.
 
The Gov has already said if it lands on your property, it's yours. Any meteorite with a known history and actual damage is said to be worth a bunch. Pictures should be taken etc. She can probably pay off her house if mortgaged. I heard of a guy that had his car damaged by one and the car is on tour. I can't remember where the info came from though.

probably the internet. if it's on the internet it has to be true.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom