What's new

Meteorite - Anyone know what's it worth?

awb24

Greenie
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Greetings Everyone
it's been a while since my last login on this forum and I'm glad to be back, I would like to ask if anyone knows what the value of this meteorite could be? The meteorite is non-magnetic and it weighs about 17 Ounces

Thanks in advance
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250915_130057.webp
    IMG_20250915_130057.webp
    470.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20250915_130045.webp
    IMG_20250915_130045.webp
    420.5 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Might I ask who says it's a meteorite? If it has been confirmed as such, then it must also have been classified, so what type was it said to be? Meteorite value depends on typology as well as size. If it's non-magnetic, it could only be an achondrite or a very low metal chondrite.

If you have self-determined this to be a meteorite, on what evidence is that opinion based?... because, to me, from two photographs only, it does not exhibit typical characteristics which would lead to that conclusion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom