rockpassion
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I have bought this stone on etsy as a gamble. It was found at Bella Coola mountain British Columbia Canada. Could this be a meteorite?? Sadly the rock has been treated with a varnish.
the melted and swirly interiour and the fact this was found on the top of a mountain. it weighs 1083 gram en measures 13 x 8 x 7 cm roughly.Which specific characteristics lead you to ask if it could be a meteorite?
Can confirm. Living just south of BC, I see these rocks everywhere. Very commonWell, it is a common quartz greenstone. The provided images show no visible characteristics of meteorites.
well if they are so common, send me a photo of one of yours if you can find it. very curious.Can confirm. Living just south of BC, I see these rocks everywhere. Very common
what are those holes, gas bubbles?Well, it is a common quartz greenstone. The provided images show no visible characteristics of meteorites.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but also a lot to learn. Keep at it.
could that be quartz and epidote?Here’s a few photos of ones I have on my phone. Of course these are only the ones I found interesting enough to keep.
That 3rd photo, that cut rock polished beautifully!
And the holes are the vesicles from vapor bubbles when they rock was being formed.
what is your opinion on this oneWell, it is a common quartz greenstone. The provided images show no visible characteristics of meteorites.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but also a lot to learn. Keep at it.