What's new

Meteorite jewelry

stonecutter1

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
95
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello. I am fairly new to the Treasure Net community. I have collected meteorites for years. In the last few years, I have been working on designing some meteorite jewelry (I am a jeweler/goldsmith by trade). I hope to begin to market some pieces in the next year or two. Here is a few of my creations.
 

Attachments

  • meteorite-black jade 8.webp
    meteorite-black jade 8.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 561
  • MVC-003F.webp
    MVC-003F.webp
    63 KB · Views: 879
  • MVC-002F - Copy.webp
    MVC-002F - Copy.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 484
  • MVC-006F.webp
    MVC-006F.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 699
Stonecutter 1 ,.
Those are some fantastic creations and good use of the small & odd bits for sure . :icon_thumleft: ! Great craftsmanship & quality material ,. way it looks ,. should do well !

thanks for sharing ,.. Blindpig
 
Blindpig, Thank you for your input, I've had some fun playing with this stuff. I haven't had alot of time to work on things lately. I have a number of pieces that I have started that are in varying stages of incompletion.
 
This is a slice of the material I've been working with. It is called Muonionalusta; it comes from a fall around the early 1900's (I think) or that was when it was 1st discovered. It comes from Sweden up near the Arctic circle near a town called Kiruna. Very similar to the Gibeon iron meteorites.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001F.webp
    MVC-001F.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 462
That's some beautiful craftsmanship! and probably more so, to take a rock or whatever and make it into something that is beautiful and not gaudy.
It's not as pretty as your work, but I had a local slab a meteorite I'd found at Gold Basin and make it a hanger, for my daughter. She tried her hardest to find a nugget or meteorite, but didn't. Hope she doesn't find this website and see what a cheapskate her father is. Hey, its the thought that counts, right?
Shep
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0425 (600 x 450).webp
    IMG_0425 (600 x 450).webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 413
Hey Shep, Thanks for the pic of the gold basin meteorite pendant. Its a nice piece. I love the simple designs. Thanks alot for sharing it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom