- Joined
- Dec 6, 2010
- Messages
- 659
- Reaction score
- 886
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SC Lowcountry
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
- Primary Interest:
- Shipwrecks
- #1
Thread Owner
I have a collection of tie clasps, cuff links, tie pins, chains etc. It is the sum of my father and grandparents hoarding of anything that appeared as a precious metal. Even have some dental pieces that were saved.
I can only find one piece that has "Gold filled" on it. A lot of the pieces have the maker mark "Swank" on them.
Please educate me on what I have here and whether I should consider taking it to a Gold/Silver buyer for eval.
Also, not shown I also have pearls, Rubies and Sapphires (both cut and uncut), garnet jewelry, peridots and other various semi precious stones. Should I take these to a jeweler for valuation?
I can only find one piece that has "Gold filled" on it. A lot of the pieces have the maker mark "Swank" on them.
Please educate me on what I have here and whether I should consider taking it to a Gold/Silver buyer for eval.
Also, not shown I also have pearls, Rubies and Sapphires (both cut and uncut), garnet jewelry, peridots and other various semi precious stones. Should I take these to a jeweler for valuation?







