What's new

Meteorite or not

Maxym

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, help to identify. Found with MD. Irregular conic form. Very rusty. Magnetic. Definitely metallic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200817_190031.webp
    IMG_20200817_190031.webp
    300.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200817_185250.webp
    IMG_20200817_185250.webp
    316.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20200817_185343.webp
    IMG_20200817_185343.webp
    224.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20200817_211659.webp
    IMG_20200817_211659.webp
    339.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Possibly? Is it heavy for its size? Nice find, congrats!
 
Yes, it's heavy. I cleared just a little. But it's very solid.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200817_213654.webp
    IMG_20200817_213654.webp
    406.6 KB · Views: 85
Possible. Where are you, what state? Are you in a known strewnfield?
 
I'm in Ukraine. Not in a strewnfield
 
I think the general consensus if that if done properly, cutting a slice off to verify doesn’t hurt the value.
It’s actually supposed to increase the value...maybe someone else can say ya or nay.

That’s just what I remember being told. If it’s polished then wiped with acid, a special structure in the grain of the metal will be visible, which is unique to space rocks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom