Meteorite

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Based on the prices people get on eBay for iron meteorites, I would say sure. They are not the rarest most desirable outer space stones, but people want them anyway.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=iron+meteorite&category0=

Do you have one/some?

Love meteorites!! It is so cool to hold one and realize where it came from. I have a nice collection , mostly micro mounts but a few 50 to 100 gram full pieces too. I also have one tiny spec of the mars Zag specimen.

Smiles!
BDoo

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on a few things for value. The shape, weathering, the size, and if it's famous, like a known fall strewn field, or having it come through you roof and makes the news. Irons can be from $1.00 to $10.00 a gram I read. I have a 100 gram one in mint condition, and it was appraised for a little over $100. A 100 lb. one found on TV, on that Treasure show, was being auctioned for about $100.000. So imagine what the 1800 lb. one was worth that Mr. Yocum found. 1.8 MILLION ????? or more??

SkyRock Cafe

Greenie
Sep 25, 2007
It depends on where it was found, the circumstances of the find, and the type of iron it is, there are many different types and many different prices.why you got one? I may be interested.
Best,
Joe K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread