What's new

Meteorites or meteorwrongs?

Stone

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
309
Reaction score
291
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these today and was wondering if they could be meteorite fragments. They do stick to a magnet as can be seen in the pictures. Thanks for any info on them...
 

Attachments

  • image-1659798479.webp
    image-1659798479.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image-8228052.webp
    image-8228052.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image-839761299.webp
    image-839761299.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 274
  • image-3269195670.webp
    image-3269195670.webp
    55 KB · Views: 155
  • image-1935735521.webp
    image-1935735521.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 123
Looks like slag, but it is impossible to know from the photographs. If I had to bet, I would say meteorwrong.
 
I found a giant lens I got out of an old projection TV and used it to get a closer look. They are just small bits of rusted iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom