Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to give alot of thanks to everyone who helped me out this weekend....starting with @CASPER-2 who got me motivated to make the 3 hour drive up to the treasurecoast. Then a big thanks to @Gibbsail for setting me up in his spare room so I had a place to sleep. Also a big shout out to @Miguel314 who I met at corrigans beach.....a new t-net friend with a wonderful family. Congrats on the killer cuff bracelet !! So the cuts were collapsed, but the king tides are still moving sand around. Bonsteel park had a double cut yesterday that was 10 feet
20221113_074122.jpg

20221112_133721.jpg

I managed to snag some musket balls on Friday from corrigans beach, and after checking and hunting some other sites I thought it would be smart to go back and really slow down and dig every faint chirp....well it paid off, and I managed to pull a half reale from that spot....thank you lord.....!!
20221113_073709.jpg
20221112_221929.jpg

So finally after several years and 4-5 trips, I finally became a member of the 2 fleet club.....a big bucket lister for me was to find treasure coins from both fleets 1715, and 1733 fleets !! This coin was 10-12 inches down in the orange sand, and not an easy coin to find being a bit smaller than a dime. When I found it I had the greatest sense of relief and satisfaction at achieving success on both fleets....im on cruise control now, and could go home satisfied !! Of course I will hunt more, but its all gravy now, and im rooting for others to zero in and get one. Also I found my second stander in as many months....so I got an American silver as a bonus
20221112_111305.jpg

Here you can see the orange sand layer that was the hot zone.....and my immediate smiling selfie
20221112_110701.jpg
I will leave my standing liberty quarter with @Gibbsail who i promised I would if I found spanish....its the least I could do for the hospitality I was shown. We also hit the sandy point wreck beach which is hard to access without knowing someone that lives in the private community.....we found some wreck iron that we spen 30 minutes digging out.....not sure what it is, but it looks like a tool of some sort
20221112_082217.jpg
here is @Gibbsail holding it after digging it out !!
20221112_084145.jpg

All in all its been a great trip.....I feel very privileged to walk away with a great find after watching so many others try and fail....I've never seen so many detectorists on the beaches....so it really is special to pull spanish 1715 silver in front of so many others trying.....I tried to share with everyone where it was found.....some came and succeeded with me, and others didn't do as well......so cool to meet so many other detectorists too !! Woooo hoooo !! 1715 silver !!

20221116_081824.jpg
20221116_074524.jpg

Had to ad this up top....it just too cool !! If you zoom in on the bits of lead above the coin, you'll see that this lead has the faint print of fabric.....this indicates that it was probably lead liner from a treasure chest. The chests were lined with thin sheets of lead and canvas bags of coins were put in the chests. The weight of the coins pressing against the canvas would leave the fabric print in the lead !! So im pretty sure I got a piece of treasure chest liner !! Guess this chest had half reales !!
20221116_081957.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 41

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Well I have to give alot of thanks to everyone who helped me out this weekend....starting with @CASPER-2 who got me motivated to make the 3 hour drive up to the treasurecoast. Then a big thanks to @Gibbsail for setting me up in his spare room so I had a place to sleep. Also a big shout out to @Miguel314 who I met at corrigans beach.....a new t-net friend with a wonderful family. Congrats on the killer cuff bracelet !! So the cuts were collapsed, but the king tides are still moving sand around. Bonsteel park had a double cut yesterday that was 10 feet View attachment 2055133
View attachment 2055134
I managed to snag some musket balls on Friday from corrigans beach, and after checking and hunting some other sites I thought it would be smart to go back and really slow down and dig every faint chirp....well it paid off, and I managed to pull a half reale from that spot....thank you lord.....!! View attachment 2055136 View attachment 2055137
So finally after several years and 4-5 trips, I finally became a member of the 2 fleet club.....a big bucket lister for me was to find treasure coins from both fleets 1715, and 1733 fleets !! This coin was 10-12 inches down in the orange sand, and not an easy coin to find being a bit smaller than a dime. When I found it I had the greatest sense of relief and satisfaction at achieving success on both fleets....im on cruise control now, and could go home satisfied !! Of course I will hunt more, but its all gravy now, and im rooting for others to zero in and get one. Also I found my second stander in as many months....so I got an American silver as a bonus View attachment 2055139
Here you can see the orange sand layer that was the hot zone.....and my immediate smiling selfie View attachment 2055140 I will leave my standing liberty quarter with @Gibbsail who i promised I would if I found spanish....its the least I could do for the hospitality I was shown. We also hit the sandy point wreck beach which is hard to access without knowing someone that lives in the private community.....we found some wreck iron that we spen 30 minutes digging out.....not sure what it is, but it looks like a tool of some sort
View attachment 2055143 here is @Gibbsail holding it after digging it out !! View attachment 2055142
All in all its been a great trip.....I feel very privileged to walk away with a great find after watching so many others try and fail....I've never seen so many detectorists on the beaches....so it really is special to pull spanish 1715 silver in front of so many others trying.....I tried to share with everyone where it was found.....some came and succeeded with me, and others didn't do as well......so cool to meet so many other detectorists too !! Woooo hoooo !! 1715 silver !!
Congrats

Nice adventure, great finding!

Keep detecting, keep postíng 😎

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, Bart! Man, that is tiny! I am glad you decided to go and were successful! Pretty cool to meet other Tnetters!

Woohoo Emoji Praise God GIF | GIFDB.com
WD......thank you, some of the best moments of the trip were spent chatting on the beach with other hunters !! Amazing how much info one can get by being friendly and sharing your own info. And then to meet other t-netters was really cool !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS BART..
On your beautiful accomplishment..
Outstanding work
Woooo hoooo Bill !! thanks buddy, determination and not giving up easily pays off !! Hope your still digging too !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah... its so small i cant see it... go back and find the mom and dad ones.

:P

J/k Bart... well done... worth the ride and initiative to go and do it.. and yes... i am jealous. :)
ARC...next time I'm gonna drag your a** with me. I should have went further North like you said, rumors of great finds that way !! Probably up by aquarina !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah... its so small i cant see it... go back and find the mom and dad ones.

:P

J/k Bart... well done... worth the ride and initiative to go and do it.. and yes... i am jealous. :)
I left those big mom and dad ones for you to find !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20221116_075904.jpg

For the people who read all my posts, heres a huge treasure coast TIP. The little piece of very thin lead, that most would treat as trash, is actually part of a treasure chest. The chests were lined with thin sheets of lead !! Always save your lead, and look at it carefully under magnification. Its located at the top of the photo with musket balls. These bits of lead will have the canvas print pressed into them from the enormous weight of the silver coins that were in canvas bags loaded in the chests !! In the second pic you can just barley see this print in the lead. Coins, in this case half reales shouldn't be far !!
20221116_081824.jpg
20221116_074524.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be king Felipe IV 1623-1665 half reale from Mexico !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions