Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke the bank today. My wife and I went to a local lake to do some detecting. We were detecting around some boats where they line the shore at a campground. We started to pop some Mexican money and we're quite happy to get a few. As we rounded a boat our detectors lit up. We found the spill of a lifetime. By the time we were done we had 48 Mexico centavos of various denominations from 1940-1962. She had 21 and I had 27 plus a 1918S winged liberty that came out of the park. I did give a Mexican coin to a boy that was watching. Here are all our finds.

Attachments

• IMG_20220718_192800399~2.jpg
    IMG_20220718_192800399~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 214
Upvote 21

BuscaPlata

Oct 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke the bank today. My wife and I went to a local lake to do some detecting. We were detecting around some boats where they line the shore at a campground. We started to pop some Mexican money and we're quite happy to get a few. As we rounded a boat our detectors lit up. We found the spill of a lifetime. By the time we were done we had 48 Mexico centavos of various denominations from 1940-1962. She had 21 and I had 27 plus a 1918S winged liberty that came out of the park. I did give a Mexican coin to a boy that was watching. Here are all our finds.
Nice job Doug! Congrats to both of you!......You sure you didn't find those in Tijuana?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done. Thanks for posting. Were the boats pulled up on shore or on traulers or in the water ?

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite a haul, looks like a blast. Muchas Gracias

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Wow what a great day!👍

OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is at an inland lake at a campground. The campers bring their boats and line them up along the shore. There was a large pontoon parked over the spot so I know there are more. Just don't know why there's so many in one spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread