MI-6 Cap Stuck

Others have reported the same issue. A new pair of neoprene dipped mechanics gloves should allow you to grip it tightly enough to spin it off. Otherwise a few wraps of electricians tape on the cap and channel lock pliers should work. I’ve tried silicone lube on the o-rings but it still seems to tighten up itself. Maybe Vaseline on the o-rings would be better.

They do get really tight. The first time I tried to open mine up to charge it, I really thought I must be mistaken about how it opened, because it just wouldn't budge. I was afraid the amount of torque it took to open it would break it. I had to look it up online to make sure it was supposed to unscrew.

I got it off, but I wanted to try it a few more times to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Warming it to skin temperature seems to help.
After trying for several minutes, I put the MI-6 down for a minute to massage my arthritic hands. When I picked it up again, the cap seemed... not as tight.

I repeated this experiment a few times, and it seems to be consistent. The only heat/warmth I used was that from my hands, so... mid 90sF.

Oh I have the solution
Wrap a rag around the cap and I use these.
With my gripping strength usually turns into a griping rant.
Screenshot_20240125_111327_Google.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back