Miami, FL Area Tips

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Floridians and those familiar with Miami.

I will be visiting Miami in late June for a few days and staying in the River Walk area between Brickell Ave and South Main St.

I will also be picking up my new (to me) CZ 21. I want to arrange at least a few hours hunting time and get this thing wet before heading back to Brazil.

So, is it worthwhile to try hunting along the river anywhere or should I get in the car and head out to a beach. If so, which beach?
I promise not to clean out your honey holes. ;-)

Thanks,
Tim

Upvote 0

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know about miami per se but the CZ21 is awesome on the beach so I would head there. Hunt in autotune. Put disc on 0 when you hit a target to learn the tones. I would also dig everything at first so you learn what you are digging with each tone. Keep the sensitivity as high up as you can. I keep mine on anywhere from 8-10 at my beaches in NC.

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
South Beach I hear is the place to go when in Miami. :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY WHERE FROM SOUTH BEACH ON UP ON THE OCEAN CAN PAY OFF- LOOK FOR THE PRICIER HOTEL AREAS - EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WALK TO THEM
iVE DONE PRETTY GOOD IN THAT VACINITY OVER THE YEARS - HAVENT BEEN GETTING DOWN AS MUCH AS iD LIKE - THE FLA. GUYS DONT LIKE ME MAKING WITHDRAWLS :tongue3:
JUST A SAMPLE OF SOME FINDS FROM DOWN THAT WAY
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...AND I USE A CZ 21

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE A LONG HANDLED SCOOP ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEST TRIP EVER - ANYWHERE - MIAMI AREA FOR 4 DAYS - 26 PIECES OF GOLD - 21 PIECES OF SILVER - OVER $70 IN CHANGE
IVE HAD WHOLE YEARS WHERE I DID NOT DO THAT GOOD
total%20haul%20from%20fla%20trip.jpg

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OK you guys are going to get mad at me but....... of course I like to find great stuff and of course I go to certain areas which I consider "mine" but.... I have to keep reminding myself that it's a free (somewhat) country so I try to understand others wanting to hunt "my" area. The guy that wrote Golden Olde once said that there is plenty out there for everyone because new drops are constantly being made. The only real bummer is so many guys don't cover their holes and more and more land owners and politicians are banning metal detectors. So IMHO go for it! Good luck!

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK you guys are going to get mad at me but....... of course I like to find great stuff and of course I go to certain areas which I consider "mine" but.... I have to keep reminding myself that it's a free (somewhat) country so I try to understand others wanting to hunt "my" area. The guy that wrote Golden Olde once said that there is plenty out there for everyone because new drops are constantly being made. So IMHO go for it! Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, I don't mind sharing my beach with anyone that wants to visit. I'll even show you the best parts to hunt.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/plac...1s0x94d8b65cc2e52aad:0x2dc004f5e6adebc4?hl=en

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IVE WANTED TO GO TO RIO FOR YEARS BUT HEAR SO MANY BAD THINGS - ITS KEPT ME AWAY

Well, it is a big city. But as long as you aren't a clueless tourist then you'll be fine. Tourists aren't the targets of the serious crime. Just occasional petty theft stuff. I have never felt less safe in Rio than in Chicago, Detroit, LA or Houston. But, I do not hunt the beaches here very often. We have an apartment in the southern part of the country that is a much smaller city. I also want to hunt along the shore in the northern part of the country. We did a seven week tour last year of deserted beaches and I am thinking about the stuff from shipwrecks that may have washed onto those beaches. :-) Maybe none. But it is fun to think about. Plus it is miles of gorgeous untouched shoreline up there.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it is a big city. But as long as you aren't a clueless tourist then you'll be fine. Tourists aren't the targets of the serious crime. Just occasional petty theft stuff. I have never felt less safe in Rio than in Chicago, Detroit, LA or Houston. But, I do not hunt the beaches here very often. We have an apartment in the southern part of the country that is a much smaller city. I also want to hunt along the shore in the northern part of the country. We did a seven week tour last year of deserted beaches and I am thinking about the stuff from shipwrecks that may have washed onto those beaches. :-) Maybe none. But it is fun to think about. Plus it is miles of gorgeous untouched shoreline up there.
I SAW AN OLD VID ON U TUBE OF A GUY THAT TOOK A LAND MACHINE AND FLOATED THE BOX AND HIT A BUNCH OF SMALL TOWN BEACH IN NORTHERN BRAZIL - HE WAS ONLY GOING OUT JUST BELOW THE CHEST AND WAS KILLING IT - ALL VIRGIN SPOTS

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I SAW AN OLD VID ON U TUBE OF A GUY THAT TOOK A LAND MACHINE AND FLOATED THE BOX AND HIT A BUNCH OF SMALL TOWN BEACH IN NORTHERN BRAZIL - HE WAS ONLY GOING OUT JUST BELOW THE CHEST AND WAS KILLING IT - ALL VIRGIN SPOTS

Hmmm, wondering what "KILLING IT" means here. I doubt it was modern jewelry in these areas.
I did see a few places with high end resorts that might have that kind of potential.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't have to worry about miles if untouched shoreline around here. As already stated, South beach puts up plenty of renewable targets from all the tourists who flock there daily. Hit the water.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get ready to for BOTTLE CAP town........

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get ready to for BOTTLE CAP town........

LOL! Can't be any worse than here. A century of tourists and no history of MDers to pick up any of them. I often get two or three pulltabs/bottle caps in one scoop in the dry sand. Occasionally there is also a coin mixed in.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killing it = he found quite a bit for small town beaches - so I'm guessing it was lost by mostly locals in towns he hit - with no other hunters ever -
you figure if just one person lost one gold a year (some years could be zero lost -others could be 10 - who knows :dontknow:)
- lets say 50 yrs - that's 50 gold - that's how I do math up in my area - New England where we mostly only swim from Memorial day to Labor day
we have beaches they been swimming at for 100+ yrs - most of my gold is old gold because they don't re-nourish the sands and I hit more older spots than new

places like Fla. where they can swim 365 because of tourists of course the percent is greatly higher - specially with spring breakers losing class rings and newly weds
losing bands and engagement rings added in to regular losses

Hmmm, wondering what "KILLING IT" means here. I doubt it was modern jewelry in these areas.
I did see a few places with high end resorts that might have that kind of potential.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
IVE WANTED TO GO TO RIO FOR YEARS BUT HEAR SO MANY BAD THINGS - ITS KEPT ME AWAY

I went to Rio in 1986 with my Sony Betamax camera. I was staying on Copa Cabana beach. I went downstairs and asked the police if I was safe with my camera. He said I was safe as far as he could see me. So I walked across the street to film the beach and had a guy come up and ask me if I needed a body guard. I would never try to take my detector there. You only carry the amount of money you think you'll need for the day and keep it in your bathing suite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread