Michigan Treasure, and Robberies...

OP
OP
Winchester416

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
Anybody got any good Treasure story’s around Grayling/Kalkaska Michigan? Any big robberies, hideouts, mafia?

How about Battle Creek?

Thank you and God Bless!
Looking to dig up some treasures next week... Anyone out there have any stories?

OP
OP
Winchester416

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
Anybody got any good Treasure story’s around Grayling/Kalkaska Michigan? Any big robberies, hideouts, mafia?

How about Battle Creek?

Thank you and God Bless!

Nothing?

What about the Battle Creek Area?

I like to think about these things as I’m swinging...

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
During prohibition/jazz era (1910-1033+) Benton Harbor, MI had many fine homes built by Chicago gangsters. The city in the 1990's bulldozed them with a D8 caterpillar.

Might be worth swinging in that area. I could probably give you a few streets to look at.

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
As a college student in the mid 1980's I minored in fine arts (photography) and took a jazz appreciation class. I bought a used color enlarger from a gentleman in Bangor, MI. He was a bass player in the jazz clubs in Benton Harbor, and Chicago. I ended up spending an afternoon on his porch after I purchased the enlarger listening to his stories about that time as he picked on his bass to demonstrate some techniques and styles, it really mode the jazz class come to life. His stories painted a picture of Benton Harbor as a vital, town with a bit of mystique and some mayhem. In the 1980-1990's Benton Harbor could be politely described as a slum. There was a symbolic significance to the county jail being the first thing you saw going across the river from Benton Harbor into St, Joseph, MI. Some of the surplus electronics dealers in Benton Harbor I frequented sold surplus from Heathkit/Zenith in St. Joseph, MI. One summer I watched the City of Benton Harbor drive their D8 caterpillar down streets, clearing one side of the street at a time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread