What's new

Mid-week Bling!!!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
Got to go out on Wednesday night for a quickie at a cove at the local resort. I only got one target after about an hour of hunting. It was well worth waiting for though. A 14k ring weighing 11.3 grams. It also came with five 1/4 carat diamonds. I was thrilled to say the least. My only regret was not seeing it rolling around in my sand scoop because it was so dark. When I felt it in the scoop I thought it was Tungsten or silver because of the size and weight. When I got home and got my first glimpse of it in the light I still thought it was fake. I did have it appraised by two seperate jewelers/goldsmith's and they both confirmed the the real diamonds and appraised it at about $2,500 at retail. One offered me $1800.00 cash. I declined and will put in the safety deposit box. I felt sorry for the person who lost it...for a few minutes anyway. ;D
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,499
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,555
Upvote 0
wwace said:
Awesome banner find, I would take the $1800, thats a really good offer imo

Yup I would have been all over that, they never offer you anywhere near what it worth. Awesome job on finding a stunning ring.....
 
Yeah Da Sand Crab - I found one like that in my wet dream , nice diamonds , Great job
 
I love waking up on Saturdays to bright sun shine and the glitter of found gold!!!!!!! HH chug
 
That will be nice to pass down in the family some day. Takes a hobby to a new level. Nice one and congratulations on the Banner. :icon_sunny:
 
Absolutely stunning Da Sand Crab. I see your beautiful find did get put to the banner. Those stones are real pretty. Nice to see some pretty stuff coming out of and being shown from the Hawaiian islands. Gives me some hope.

I have been meaning to go to Kauai this year. Do you get over too that island much ? You diehard guy/gals in Florida and Hawaii are so lucky and sometimes really clean up. Last time I went Waikiki on Oahu I just found a pair of sunglasses in the water. I guess better that nothing. I will have to show some of my beach finds sometime soon. I have been a bit of a lurker on this forum admiring everyone's finds the past couple years.
 
Nice catch.Well done. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Nice Ring Bling.
 
That should be a banner when it reaches the other end of the banner they should repost it. Had it been me I would have said 2K you have a deal. Congrats on your stellar find shame to have that kind of money sitting in a vault when you could sell it and buy a stack of silver bars that will quadruple in price soon.
 
WOW stunner of ring
 
SWEET find...congrats!!!! :icon_thumleft: :hello2: You got more willpower (or sense) than I do for if it were me and that dealer offered me $1800.00 cash, I would have instantly said...SOLD!!!
As you stated, whoever lost it must be sick...would be a great gesture if you checked the lost and found ads and maybe even posted in there you found a ring and see if anyone repsonds...am sure whoever lost it would be THRILLED to get it back for I am sure that it has some strong sentimental value to its owner
 
SWEET NICE FIND :headbang:
 
Nothing better then to watch all that sand filter out of the scoop as you're bring it up and then,...."BLING!" I don't care how many times you see it happen it always seems to fill your head with a sudden influx of refreshing air. :thumbsup:
 
That's the kind of post we all log-in to see! :laughing7: Congrats on making the BANNER! :thumbsup:
 
FANTASTIC!!! Congrats on a GREAT find! Breezie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom